My trailer build 2007 JK

MichaelW

Observer

Not bad for as stout as it is. With the super charger I forget it's back there as it tracks so nice and rolls so smooth!

Thanks!

Joanne

Adventurer
Just an observation, but you seem to be running over a lot of rocks with your trailer. My dad taught me to swing wide around corners so I wouldn't run my trailer over the curb. LOL!!

It's a really sweet build on that trailer! I've been quite impressed with the trailers you guys in this forum have built. Nice design and good craftsmanship combined to turn out great little trailers. Keep it up!

Joanne

Curtis in Texas

Adventurer
Hey Michael, Nice new toy you've got there.
Now I kmow what you've been doing since I last saw you in Moab.

Funny you should bulld an off road trailer as I've been kicking around the idea myself. It's getting too expensive to take the Motorhome very far to use as a base camp. Those days of $1000 fuel bills for 3 week Motorhome Vacations are long gone.

I think mine (after I finish building Melissa Turbo Trooper) will have the capability to haul one of my new hobbies. Adventure Motorcycles. Been all over the country over the last three years on my KLR. Planning on a ride to the Artic Circle next Summer.
We're gonna Trailer up to Washington to save time and ride all the way back with the Truck and trailer as a sag. We'll just have to take turns driving sag.

Here's a trick I used on a friends trailer I built last year,
If your end tubes supporting the side boxes are still open then you might think about using some EMT tubing slide into them to support a table. Although I like the idea of a drop down plate that is bent on the ends to wrap around the corners of the box and hinges at the bottom.

Glad to hear Debbie is doing better. Tell her that anytime you guys want to come out here to Texas, Melissa and I will meet in Amarillo for the Museum tour we've been talking about for years. Maybe we can do some camping in Palo Duro Canyon.

Enjoyed the writeup.

Later,

Curtis J
SSSRodeo

Last edited:

MichaelW

Observer
Joanne said:
Just an observation, but you seem to be running over a lot of rocks with your trailer. My dad taught me to swing wide around corners so I wouldn't run my trailer over the curb. LOL!!

It's a really sweet build on that trailer! I've been quite impressed with the trailers you guys in this forum have built. Nice design and good craftsmanship combined to turn out great little trailers. Keep it up!

Joanne
LOL, yeah I'm a pretty bad driver. Just ask Rick. I couldn't back up the little trailer to save my soul in his driveway. I told him it needed to be 20 feet longer and on a gooseneck! LOL

The trailer is definitely awesome. Excellent craftsmanship throughout.

MichaelW

Observer
Hey Curtis!

How are you doing! It's been a long time it seems since Moab.

Debbie has been getting better all the time so yes it's great to be back in the saddle and looking forward to and planning some expeditions! I wonder if there is anyone in Texas that goes by Mr. Gadget that can help me in outfitting my new trailer. :D

I am pretty certain we will be in Amarillo this year (spring/summer 08) as they finally finished the museum Debbie has been drooling over going to go see.

When you make your trek to the Arctic Circle keep me posted. We still have the RV hookup on the side yard ;)

Thanks for the tip but I have a plan that I came up with in Rick's driveway that I think will work out fantastic.

Good to hear from you again! Don't forget you have my number if you want to come out West.

Curtis in Texas

Adventurer
You know you can ask the Gadget Master for anything. If you think of something you need let me know. Looks like you have some fine tuning planned in your other threads for it.

I think we'll be headed straight up to Air Amigo's from here. Probably won't be anywhere near your side of Nevada on that trip. But should I ever get out that way I'll remember you have hook ups. Thinking about retirement next year. We'll be riding Adventure Dual Sport Motorcycles BTY!

Let us know when you guys start planning you Museum trip. We'll do our best to meet a'll out there. Fun, fun, fun!

I'll give you a call in a day or two and catch up buddy!

Later,

Curtis

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears