New Adventure Trailer Horizon Owner

Romer

Adventurer
Just bought a used AT Horizon. It was made in October 2005. I am really happy with the purchase.

attachment.php

attachment.php

I'll be contacting AT for some of the accessories I want to add.

The VIN Plate is weathered and I can't tell the VIN on it. I am assuming thats the black sticker on the driver part of the frame,shown in the below attachment. I do have the title, just when they come to check the VIN when I register it, they won't be able to read it. Is it stamped someplace on the frame?

It has the Overland tent. I want to swap it for a ARB Simpson III or the Globetrotter. I know some have tried the Globetrotter, anyone with a Horizon try the ARB?

Next will also have to fit Toyota rims and 35 inch tires and that should make it all level.

Attachments

• P1030222.jpg
    P1030222.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 72

Romer

Adventurer
It didn't come with any keys, do I just read the number off and go to a Locksmith?

BTW its the one that sold here summer 2008, so I am the 3rd owner

Trailer is sold.

One of our customers asked if we would post her trailer for sale. Here are the details as we know them:

Purchased Oct 2005

-Horizon Trailer Kit VIN 1XXXX with Deluxe trim package: includes 3 person Overland tent, 19 gallon water tank & water pump, 2 x 5 gallon CARB compliant gas cans, nose box, custom kitchen galley w/2 burner stove, 11 lb propane cylinder, compartment dividers, cutting board and 6' x 6' retractable awning.
-Electric Braked Axle Upgrade, Electric Braked Axle Break Away kit.
-6000 lb Lock-n-Roll Articulating Coupler.
-Auxiliary 12V Power wiring w/battery tray, 2 cigarette lighter outlets, 2 interior LED courtesy lights. Lifeline AGM group 31 deep cycle battery
-Goodyear Wrangler MTR 305/70/16, Micky Thompson Classic Lock Rims 16 x 8, 5 on 4.5 bolt pattern.

*Asking $8300.00 OBO

If you would like pricing & more information please contact Tandy Williams at tandywlms@aol.com

Last edited:

gabepari

Explorer
I'm sure you will, but give Mario a call. As long as he's having a good day, and doesn't need to use the "i" key on his computer :wings: he can rattle off the VIN lickity split.

Have fun with the trailer.

Gabe

Romer

Adventurer
I'm sure you will, but give Mario a call. As long as he's having a good day, and doesn't need to use the "i" key on his computer :wings: he can rattle off the VIN lickity split.

Have fun with the trailer.

Gabe

I know what the VIN is. The State of Colorado will want to see it somewhere on the vehicle to register it is my problem.

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Our VIN labels have a security clear cover on them. If the cover is peeled off the VIN becomes illegible. It looks like that may have happened to you label.

We can re-issue the label once you send us a copy of the title for verification.

On the keys just send us the number off the front and we'll send you a few sets.

Congrats on the purchase, welcome to the AT family.

Romer

Adventurer
Our VIN labels have a security clear cover on them. If the cover is peeled off the VIN becomes illegible. It looks like that may have happened to you label.

We can re-issue the label once you send us a copy of the title for verification.

On the keys just send us the number off the front and we'll send you a few sets.

Congrats on the purchase, welcome to the AT family.

Thanks Martyn - e-mail with title and key code sent

Romer

Adventurer
Stupid Question

My gas cans are red and my water cans are either light blue or tan

I have a Black and a Green on the trailer - which is suppose to be gas and which water?

Stupid Question

My gas cans are red and my water cans are either light blue or tan

I have a Black and a Green on the trailer - which is suppose to be gas and which water?

I believe black is typically water (mine are) Whats the hight of the top of the trailer?

Mike

Sgt Grunt

Adventurer
Nice purchase Ken... It doesn't take you long to jump in head first. :sombrero:

I'm sure you will do plenty of homework on which ever tent you end up with, but be sure to at least check out all the main manufacturers. There are many little odds and ends that make one or the other stand out. I personally like one of the tents that is no longer sold in the US. Still trying to figure out how to get one.

Just some thoughts.

Romer

Adventurer
I believe black is typically water (mine are) Whats the hight of the top of the trailer?

Mike

It's 70" tall

Striped down the part where there was rust and painted it and tucked the trailer in the garage. If I had a bigger car then the BMW, I still had a few feet to work with if I moved the stuff from the back wall. This is one of the reasons I wanted one of these so I could store it in the garage and not have to worry about weather

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12