New AT Chaser

boknows

Adventurer
So, here it is. My new 2008 AT Chaser # (have no idea yet).
CIMG0431.jpg

This my redeployment present and I am pretty excited to be picking it up next month. I started looking for trailers about a year ago and came across this forum, which in retrospect, has been a very unkind to my wallet. The advice I got here was awesome and I can't wait to meet some of you one day. I will be taking her on a maiden shakedown run (3600 miles) in sept when I get back and you can follow my plans...add you own commentary and"must sees" and check out the pictures here: http://expeditionportal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17254

Specs of trailer:
-nose box
-two jerry cans and holders
-19 gallon fresh water tank
-partner 2 burner stove
-utility shelf
-12v system with ARB adv light
-deep cell battery
-Eezi awn 1800
-thule rack
-tail gate
-lock and roll hitch
-engel 45l fridge:beer:
-slide lock for fridge
-"super" bright LED worklight
-electric brakes
-RV stabilizer
-black rock crawler rims 15x8; 3.75 BS
-35x12.50 BFG MTs

That's all for now, can't wait to hook this baby up:):jump:

T- Bone

Observer
Nice choice! I am sure you will enjoy it.
My redeployment present was a brand new Rubi.
I love my wife. I love my Rubi.

boknows

Adventurer
Mario is teasing me with photos, here's another of the suspension. Wow, adjustable airbags are sexy. Those aren't my tires and wheels, apparently AT is having trouble getting BFG MT KMs, the old style. The DOD is hoarding them all up, can't believe it. I told Mario to tell them I am in the DOD:xxrotflma it's true!
CIMG0433.jpg

Last edited:

TheMike

Adventurer
You won't regret the expense. That new suspension looks awesome! I truly wonder the performance differences between Gen II and III. Giddy-up and welcome home (a little early I know!)

Mike

Bergger

Explorer
Congrats! I went through the same thing you are going through just this past winter when we ordered ours. I remember how excited I was. We took delivery in late Feb 08 and so far have put about 2200 miles on it. You're going to love it. This past week I took it on some nasty roads for the first time and could not have been more impressed with the performance. You should have seen all the people gawking and pointing at us as we went up the trail. You're going to love it. And they make the best beer fridges! I just grabbed a Fat Tire out of mine.

Honu

lost on the mainland
congrats ;) as I said in the other thread you will have a great trip and two weeks on the road with the wife who is 5 months prego :) and our 4 year old trailers are so so so so so so so so nice :)

one thing I loved having on our trip was one of the coleman hot water heaters :) at least for us it was a very nice thing to have hot water

boknows

Adventurer
The latest; waiting on the tires and EA 1800 which is in a container some where in the Atlantic I guess.
CIMG0455.jpg

Last edited:

wagner_joe

Adventurer
Congrats on your trailer! and Welcome to the Expo !! You'll never look at camping in the same way.. (plus you're now going to have a perpetually lighter wallet hanging out here!
- As a side note, I own a Second Gen. Suspension on my Horizon and I was fortunate enough to tow a Third Gen. Suspension from Florida to Cali.

The Third Gen eliminates the side to side (minimal I know) body roll that the 2nd Gen tended to show. Having towed both the Horizon and Chaser, the new airbags and spring rates are truly awesome The number of settings for the new springs are better than a Rancho 9000 (X). I'm hoping to upgrade mine at the AT shop in the next few months. I find it worth the extra $$$.. (hijack off)

Ramjet

Explorer
Nice trailer. What made you go with the Chaser? I'm looking at them for my trip next year. Any help would be appreciated.

boknows

Adventurer
final pics are in, she's ready!!!!

Nothingclever, and all the others that support us...Thanks. We take a lot of pride in what we do and means alot to know folks back home are behind us.

Ramjet, I chose the chaser because of the reputation the company had and in looking, have been for the last year over here...I wanted something my family could camp in comfortably that could be towed to remote places by my Jeep Wrangler. With the suspension setup, light weight and design cues from an old military trailers I am fond of the Chaser fit the bill to a T. We have been tenting it for years and I am just not ready for commercial camping yet. :roost:

Just got the final pics, Oh man, I can not wait to pick this bad boy up:)
CIMG0479.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger