New bike.....whooooot!!!!!!

riverfever

Adventurer
No....funky good man. I was gonna guess Dedaccai and, it was tough to see but, it looked like TIG. Do they do any fillet-brazing?

Flounder said:
Funky good, or funky bad? Spot's web site blows. I've told Frank a few times he needs to trade out a frame for a new site......

....Andre....you hearing this??

Anyway, Spot uses Deda steel. Tig welded. The beauty of a spot is the simplicity and the geometry. Both are spot on.

As for the race, it was mega pain. Serious pain. The course was in my back yard on trails I wouldn't wish on a mortal enemy. There were rocky sections, steep rocky sections, loose rocky sections, techincal rocky sections and some sections with lots of rocks. Not my favorite. I flatted and lost some time. All in all, it was pretty fun. Floyd Landis was in town and created a lot of buzz.

Lots of Colorado boys in attendance.

dieselcruiserhead

16 Years on ExPo. Whoa!!
LOL, somehow I missed this.. Boy that is a bad site.. . Anyway, in that link I just posted on my singlespeed, I sure look cool but I had a few things going for me, 1) friends birthday the night before so hungover, 2) slept too late so didn't eat until late/an hour before the ride, 3) I was in a hurry so it was Burger King (a salad though but still..), 4) it was my first real ride on a single speed other than one last year when I was in shape, my first ride on my own single speed, and finally 5) It was my first ride in a year, for about the last two months I have been surfing my office chair for exercise...

So in conclusion, it completely kicked my ***, and I hurled at least 4 times... LOL... And finally I got a flat at the end and managed to bring everything except my little patch kit... But I filled up with CO2 and managed to get me to the parking lot though.

My buddy on his spot though, he is a machine... Again won a bunch of races on his spot single speed... A good friend but I've never ridden with him, truthfully I am a little scared to ever go out with him...!

Anywhoo!

Flounder said:
Funky good, or funky bad? Spot's web site blows. I've told Frank a few times he needs to trade out a frame for a new site......

....Andre....you hearing this??

Anyway, Spot uses Deda steel. Tig welded. The beauty of a spot is the simplicity and the geometry. Both are spot on.

As for the race, it was mega pain. Serious pain. The course was in my back yard on trails I wouldn't wish on a mortal enemy. There were rocky sections, steep rocky sections, loose rocky sections, techincal rocky sections and some sections with lots of rocks. Not my favorite. I flatted and lost some time. All in all, it was pretty fun. Floyd Landis was in town and created a lot of buzz.

Lots of Colorado boys in attendance.

Last edited:

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
Single speeds are great. They really are. Under a good rider, they fly.

I'm no where near as fit as I was in '06 when I was racing a full 25 event Category 2 season, but I'm relatively fit. This weekend, I got my butt handed to me big time. The winner of my single speed category won the event in 2:38. I was 12th at 3:20ish. Ouch. There's a reason I'm a roadie. I got killed! I was shooting for 3:00.

It was also fun seeing Floyd Landis at my local coffee shop prior to the race. He got smoked by Jay Henry. Good times.

RHINO

Expedition Leader
sweet new ride flounder,,
i am in no shape for a single speed, but i find myself drawn to own and ride one and it seems the only logical way to go is a SS 29'er,,, i know i'll be pushing it up all the hills, but thats part of the fun.

dre i'd think with lacrosse you'd be in pretty good shape for riding as well

SOAZ

Tim and Kelsey get lost..
speaking of new bikes. I just picked up the steal of the century, for me anyway.
An 05 Santa Cruz Blur Classic. All xt with tubeless tires for $1100. The thing was barely ridden. I love it. I'll wipe all of that prettyness right off of it! :xxrotflma
Pictures forthcoming. :peepwall:

k dog

bikers

I saw a lot more peddle bikers in India the last time I went (2004) than the first time I went (1997). Good on yah!!

Kevin

dieselcruiserhead

16 Years on ExPo. Whoa!!
RHINO said:
sweet new ride flounder,,
i am in no shape for a single speed, but i find myself drawn to own and ride one and it seems the only logical way to go is a SS 29'er,,, i know i'll be pushing it up all the hills, but thats part of the fun.

dre i'd think with lacrosse you'd be in pretty good shape for riding as well

LOL there are a couple positions (attack, defense what I play, and goalie espeically which I also play) where you can get away with being "slightly out of shape." I consider myself a pretty decent defender (I de-sticked Mikey Powell once, one of the better players in the game) but you can get away without being in shape, and found biking actually made me a much stronger player... But made me want to show up less because I wanted to be out biking! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior