New bike.....whooooot!!!!!!

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
I have a pretty burly race this weekend so I thought I'd throw down for a new ride. No, it certainly is not smart to race a bike on the third day of ownership, but ah.....who cares.

Here she is:

View attachment 18197

New bicycles rule.:victory:

By the way, if anyone wants a sweet deal on a 11 month old Gary Fisher Rig frame with Rock Shox Reba SL fork, let me know. 19" with 29er wheels. Single speed.

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
New bike, nice!

Whiskey Offroad, eh? That's been on my radar for a couple of years, looks like a fun one. Normally we start the racing season here with Fruita 18 Hours.

My shock blew out again Sunday on my bike and it looks like it'll be down and out for a few weeks until I save the coin to fix it. :-( Having PUSH do it this time since it seems it needs the bushing lands machined and resized. Stock sized bushings don't seal anymore.

Last edited:

SOAZ

Tim and Kelsey get lost..
Flounder said:
I have a pretty burly race this weekend so I thought I'd throw down for a new ride. No, it certainly is not smart to race a bike on the third day of ownership, but ah.....who cares.

Here she is:

View attachment 18197

By the way, if anyone wants a sweet deal on a 11 month old Gary Fisher Rig frame with Rock Shox Reba SL fork, let me know. 19" with 29er wheels. Single speed.

NICE! Looking good!

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
John Deere green. It's so ugly it might be beautiful.

Hopefully it will give me big mojo for the Whisky Offroad this weekend. I've been logging 12 hour weeks on the mountain bike for two months now for this event.

Best part of the Whisky offroad? I can actually coast three blocks from my house to the start line!!!!!

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
4cruzer said:
no belt drive???

good choice!
I chickened out. I was originally going to buy into the belt drive. I still like the idea a lot. However, it's first generation and I'm fearful of anything first gen. Those that have ridden it love it but there were rumblings of supply shortages and other delays. Plus, Spot is going through some growing pains at the moment. I wanted one of their Colorado made frames since many of the belt drive bikes are coming from Taiwan. Yes....I said Taiwan.

slooowr6

Explorer
Sweet looking bike, 29er non the less. My friend is on a full rigid 9ner 80% of the time. It's a steel frame right?

4cruzer

Adventurer
chains have worked for a lot of years, I see no reason to stop... yet..
and while on the subject of taiwan, hell, when it comes down to it, most times, at least for high end stuff (not custom), they make better bikes. They do it more, they have more practice, and they have more tooling. Can't knock it...

riverfever

Adventurer
Flounder said:

Here she is:

View attachment 18197

That's funky lookin' Flounder. I wish Spot's website was better. What are those tubes made of? Looks TIG welded but hard to tell from their pics.

Ummmmmm.....race report?

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
riverfever said:
That's funky lookin' Flounder. I wish Spot's website was better. What are those tubes made of? Looks TIG welded but hard to tell from their pics.

Ummmmmm.....race report?
Funky good, or funky bad? Spot's web site blows. I've told Frank a few times he needs to trade out a frame for a new site......

....Andre....you hearing this??

Anyway, Spot uses Deda steel. Tig welded. The beauty of a spot is the simplicity and the geometry. Both are spot on.

As for the race, it was mega pain. Serious pain. The course was in my back yard on trails I wouldn't wish on a mortal enemy. There were rocky sections, steep rocky sections, loose rocky sections, techincal rocky sections and some sections with lots of rocks. Not my favorite. I flatted and lost some time. All in all, it was pretty fun. Floyd Landis was in town and created a lot of buzz.

Lots of Colorado boys in attendance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior