New Bronco

I ordered a 4drhard top badlands in July 21with all of the items to make it a late delivery. Looking at the end of 22.
Finally my dealer is getting a few lot broncos so I can drive one. I get tired of digging around of the mannequin model and hearing "its not for sale" "can't drive it" etc. Friday AM we are supposed to have a solid morning of fartin around in one. Not sure of the model but it'll give us an idea of what we are getting into. If its a base model 2 door I don't care I just want some windshield time. The plan is NO PLAN....Midlife crisis-pre-50 yo hot rod. Camping, off roading, cruising whatever. Just driving....

TavisB

Drove a 4dr Badlands the other day. I really liked it. Ordered a Basesquatch. Not sure I'll get it in time though. Need something in the next year.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
I ordered a 4drhard top badlands in July 21with all of the items to make it a late delivery. Looking at the end of 22.
Finally my dealer is getting a few lot broncos so I can drive one. I get tired of digging around of the mannequin model and hearing "its not for sale" "can't drive it" etc. Friday AM we are supposed to have a solid morning of fartin around in one. Not sure of the model but it'll give us an idea of what we are getting into. If its a base model 2 door I don't care I just want some windshield time. The plan is NO PLAN....Midlife crisis-pre-50 yo hot rod. Camping, off roading, cruising whatever. Just driving....
No plan is always a good plan IMO

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
I talked to my dealer again yesterday, and they said if I went BadSquatch, I’d be 5-6 months out, and I was also considering a Wildtrak as it’s $6,000 cheaper with similar spec. I don’t need the goat or front axle disco. I’ve been off-roading for close over 40 years and haven’t needed any goats yet;) The only issue is they said 6-8 months for a Wildtrak. That kinda sucks.

FordGuy1

Adventurer
I talked to my dealer again yesterday, and they said if I went BadSquatch, I’d be 5-6 months out, and I was also considering a Wildtrak as it’s $6,000 cheaper with similar spec. I don’t need the goat or front axle disco. I’ve been off-roading for close over 40 years and haven’t needed any goats yet;) The only issue is they said 6-8 months for a Wildtrak. That kinda sucks.
I will say that the Hydro sway bar Disco is pretty cool

85_Ranger4x4

Sas and I think at least badlands gets a heavier front axle FWIW.

They all get goat modes I think.

Not sure how you're coming up with a $6k difference. I come up with ~$800 when I do it, could even be a little bit less than a Wildtrack if I do the 2.3L. Main differences between a BadSquatch and a Wildtrack are Sway bar disco, full bash plates, and MGV interior. Any of the differences in the "GOAT" modes can be

The Build and Price is a bit wonky at times and can do what it wants, you pick 4 door, it stays with 2 door, etc. I'm assuming that 5-6 months out estimate is with a soft top. My early MY21, now mid Oct MY22 BadSquatch order with the MIC top is looking to be in the 14+ months range at best.

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
I’m coming up with $6k because I want the 2.7 auto and Squatch. I’m in Canada. The B&P is accurate as I’ve had both confirmed by dealer. If the hardtop is 14 months out, it isn’t going to happen. Not waiting that long. Ford better get their ******** together on that. Not anticipating a high demand for these is going to be a major black mark on them. People will get tired of waiting. I can go buy a Rubicon today, and it’s a proven product. (Gack. Can’t believe I just said that!)

I’m coming up with $6k because I want the 2.7 auto and Squatch. I’m in Canada. The B&P is accurate as I’ve had both confirmed by dealer. If the hardtop is 14 months out, it isn’t going to happen. Not waiting that long. Ford better get their ******** together on that. Not anticipating a high demand for these is going to be a major black mark on them. People will get tired of waiting. I can go buy a Rubicon today, and it’s a proven product. (Gack. Can’t believe I just said that!)
Interesting, while not looking at the Canadian prices but when I configure them both the same way, I come up with a ~$800 US difference. Wildtrack only has the 2.7l and Squatch is a part of Wildtrack.

Anyway, yeah the wait is frustrating, especially as people are getting builds pretty soon after ordering, but with soft tops, non-Squatch, non-2.7. I guess if you want the fun stuff you gotta wait

montypower

Adventure Time!

Let's face it... the New Ford Bronco release has been filled with many challenges. Even the online configurator tool is quirky and the feature/options availability is frustrating depending on model. See below for the lowest cost Ford Dealer (below MSRP) for ordering the Bronco and how I'd build the Bronco.

BRONCO DISCOUNT DEALER!!!
Granger Ford – Iowa
fordbronco@grangermotors.com
(let them know you were referred by "Truck Camper" on YouTube)

#1 - Base "Essential" Bronco
2 Door - 2.3L Turbo + 7 Speed Manual
Sasquatch Package
Auxillary Switches
MSRP $38,375 - Granger Ford Price (with Fees) $36,815

#2 - Black Diamond Bronco
Sasquatch Package
(Features Over Base: Steel Bumpers Front/Rear, Rock Rails, Full Skids, AUX switches, Vinyl Seats, Vinyl Floor)
MSRP $44,830

#3 - Badlands Build Bronco
(Features over Black Diamond: Swaybar Disconnect)
Note this is not a Sasquatch (33" tires) but it does include all the other essential components
MSRP $43,990

Those build configurations give you the essential off road components without all the "extras" that are not needed.

Hope this might be helpful to those of you considering Ordering the Bronco!

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
I could <possibly> live with the soft top, but I don’t think the wife would want to, and she would drive it as much as me,or more...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78

Members online