New Bronco

recently I had to buy a truck. F150 in velocity blue. incentives were too good to pass up. velocity blue was on the lot with what I wanted on it..

I ordered a Bronco a ways back.....in um velocity blue. haha. So, my wife and I will have 2 velocity blue vehicles.

1-do I order another bronco in a different color and get bumped back into the mid 2023 builds?
2-just deal with 2 blue cars in the driveway?

I know the answer. but. At least its a cool looking blue..

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
I have a velocity blue f150, might as well be gloss black, it shows scratches way to easy. I got a deal on the truck so I had to live with it- I’d never get this color again.

watrboy

Observer
We do have a local ram/dodge dealer with a lot full of new trucks/jeeps, etc.

I live in a Railroad town where the local yards unload Fords, Kia-Hyundai, Subaru, and Dodge-Jeep Vehicles for transfer to trucks for regional delivery. September to November, early December had almost no vehicles being unloaded and the massive lot was maybe a 3rd full. But now the lot is full every day and trucks are loaded every night to leave for delivery. Before you would even see a truck with only 3 or 4 vehicles, but now they are all full when loaded at night. But dealer lots in the area are almost empty and poor pickens. Heard of one FE Bronco that was returned after a month, because the customer thought it had a whistle from the hard top. Dealer bought it back for what customer paid and didn't do anything to it but sold for ADM of an unknown amount. Another local dealer has 2 demo Broncos and has sold them to customers will to wait for Ford release. They have hid them in the back lot to keep people from asking to drive.
This is a funny time for the car business.

recently I had to buy a truck. F150 in velocity blue. incentives were too good to pass up. velocity blue was on the lot with what I wanted on it..

I ordered a Bronco a ways back.....in um velocity blue. haha. So, my wife and I will have 2 velocity blue vehicles.

1-do I order another bronco in a different color and get bumped back into the mid 2023 builds?
2-just deal with 2 blue cars in the driveway?

I know the answer. but. At least its a cool looking blue..
Well, unless you have a VIN and it's about to be built, you can always change your order...

Mako1114

Adventurer
Thanks for the nice words.

I've had Jeeps for many years and designed close to a hundred Jeep accessories for about a half dozen companies in the Jeep aftermarket, including hardtops, but I just can't see myself owning a JL. I don't really even prefer my JKU to my LJs.

Last fall I was asked by Overland Outfitters to design several accessories for the new Bronco and I did two (shown on the left page of their new catalog below - the items on the right page are Jeep products that work well in the new Bronco too). I did a canvas + leather door pocket replacement for the nets on the doors (the nets will end up sagging, just like the door nets in the Wranglers), and I did a canvas + leather HD Molle panel for the Bronco side-swing tailgate. In the process of designing these I got to know the Bronco enough to think that my next "Jeep" won't be a Jeep at all, it may be a Bronco.

BroncoGear(1).jpg

So it may be that a Bronco is in my future, and if I do end up with one, I'd do a Safari hardtop for it. All of the design concepts, like the modularity, swappable hard sides/roll-up soft sides and the barn door are well proven on my LJ/TJ Safari Cab hardtop (available from Gr8Tops) and my JKU/JK Safari Cab hardtop, so I'd definitely want these features in a Bronco hardtop.

I'll keep an eye out for those replacement door pockets as I am not excited about the crappy OEM mesh units. Most of the Bronco accessories on the Ford website look like garbage although I did get a couple sets of the 4" Rigid LED lights using my Ford Pass points. I'm also thinking about the Bronco cargo area vault that I can get with Ford Pass points.

Cheers

85_Ranger4x4

I live in a Railroad town where the local yards unload Fords, Kia-Hyundai, Subaru, and Dodge-Jeep Vehicles for transfer to trucks for regional delivery. September to November, early December had almost no vehicles being unloaded and the massive lot was maybe a 3rd full. But now the lot is full every day and trucks are loaded every night to leave for delivery. Before you would even see a truck with only 3 or 4 vehicles, but now they are all full when loaded at night. But dealer lots in the area are almost empty and poor pickens. Heard of one FE Bronco that was returned after a month, because the customer thought it had a whistle from the hard top. Dealer bought it back for what customer paid and didn't do anything to it but sold for ADM of an unknown amount. Another local dealer has 2 demo Broncos and has sold them to customers will to wait for Ford release. They have hid them in the back lot to keep people from asking to drive.
This is a funny time for the car business.

We couldn't drive the demo, had to fuss to drive an orphen.

Both have been there awhile (we test drove the one on Christmas eve) and neither are on their site yet. I don't get it.

After driving a soft top I am glad we didn't cave though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle