new from Austria: ActionCamper for Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

ActionCamper

Supporting Sponsor
This customer (picture) wanted to keep the Jeep street legal in Switzerland where he'll take the vehicle after two trips in the US, that's why it had to stay stock. He feels comfortable with it, even though I don't like the handling. For the US where suspension modifications are legal I suggest my customer two options, both specially tuned for the ActionCamper: one is from Teraflex, the other from AEV. We'll offer complete vehicles outfitted for the specific needs and of course offer to do the install and vehicle modifications. In the US we'll not offer the 10 Gal. tank and other heavy equipment without appropriate suspension upgrades.

The stock ActionCamper adds about 500 pounds to the original Jeep weight. The ActionCamper replaces the hard top, tailgate, rear doors and rear interior to save weight.
The stock ActionCamper on the picture above adds about 800 pounds to the Jeep, because this customer ordered a lot of heavy stuff.
With a Teraflex or AEV suspension this would still work good.

ActionCamper

Supporting Sponsor
To further clarify I'll weigh all parts that come off and attach a list (may take a few days).

Last edited:

Big mike

Adventurer
Wow I loved this at 30k according to first posts .
But at 53k I think I will keep the AT chaser and have my jeep for crawling and and and .
Still I wonder how it handles on and off-road ?
At any rate good luck with rig and sales . Looks pretty cool.
Mike

ActionCamper

Supporting Sponsor
Wow I loved this at 30k according to first posts .
But at 53k I think I will keep the AT chaser and have my jeep for crawling and and and .
Still I wonder how it handles on and off-road ?
At any rate good luck with rig and sales . Looks pretty cool.
Mike

Thanks Mike!!
We produce in California and the price is 30K as posted on my website. Other prices posted on other webs are history from a time where we wanted to ship from Europe and sell through a distributor who wanted to make money too.

Haf-E

Expedition Leader
Glad to see its available - good luck with the venture.

It appears that the spare tire isn't in the front of the top anymore? Where does it go now? Can't seem to find it.

ActionCamper

Supporting Sponsor
Glad to see its available - good luck with the venture.

It appears that the spare tire isn't in the front of the top anymore? Where does it go now? Can't seem to find it.

Thanks Half-E!!
The step in the kitchen is the tire cover where also the tire is mounted to. The cover has a 14" round panel under the carpet, so you can even use the space inside the rim.

Keyne

Adventurer
Impressive you were able to keep the weight down (500lbs) and still have such a nice interior. It's expensive but not when compared to an Earthroamer Jeep or an XP Camper. Exciting to see it finally in production. Congratulations!

ActionCamper

Supporting Sponsor
Thanks Keyne!!
The 500 LBS are added weight to a stock Jeep weight!! To further clarify I'll weigh all parts that come off and attach a list (may take a few days).

ripperj

Explorer
You last post confuses me a bit, the 500# is on top of the "I just drove off the lot weight"? Or the camper is 500# itself and is partially offset by "x" amount for the stock parts that must be removes.
Looks like a neat setup, thanks for posting

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk 2

haven

Expedition Leader
Jeep says the cargo capacity of the 2015 Wrangler Unlimited is 1000 lb, 892 lb for the heavier Rubicon model.

Haf-E

Expedition Leader
I think he means that the NET weight gain on the jeep is 500 lbs - so the weight of the camper is offset some by the removal of the hardtop, rear doors, tailgate, etc. This would also probably be a "dry" weight - so add water, food, supplies etc. and two passengers and the total would almost certainly be over the rated capacity significantly - although I don't think that would be unsafe if the suspension was upgraded. Not sure of any legal implications however...

ActionCamper

Supporting Sponsor
I think he means that the NET weight gain on the jeep is 500 lbs - so the weight of the camper is offset some by the removal of the hardtop, rear doors, tailgate, etc. This would also probably be a "dry" weight - so add water, food, supplies etc. and two passengers and the total would almost certainly be over the rated capacity significantly - although I don't think that would be unsafe if the suspension was upgraded. Not sure of any legal implications however...

You're right. I meant to make weight calculations easier by doing it that way. Jeep minus removed parts plus camper is the gained weight. Sorry for the confusion!
Yes if the customer doesn't want to upgrade the suspension as we suggest, we'll not install heavy equipment!!
Yes if the customer goes crazy by loading every given space with heavy things, he'll get in legal trouble if inspected. But this happens with any vehicle when it's over loaded.

Keyne

Adventurer
Actually an interesting idea would be to take the "Action Truck" design and add the AT Habitat... remove the roof, rollbar, rear seats etc... add the Action truck tubular frame instead of the rollbar, add the AT Habtitat and you basically have a JK Flippak with more room in the rear for interior setup (e.g. Goose Gear). This setup would be less expensive, lower height when not deployed.

Haf-E

Expedition Leader
The AT Habitat (actually is made by Ursa-Minor as the J180) isn't open in the back area like a normal flip-pac type camper - so removing the small amount of stock roll bar wouldn't really gain much space wise. I suppose you could cut the floor/roof out of the J180 over the back area (there is an opening already over the rear two seats) but that might compromise the structural design. Removing the rear seats would be easy.

Comparing the J180 / Habitat to the Action Camper is a bit unfair - they are very different things... The action camper is a full camper (with cookstove, water system, sink, toilet, table seating etc. while the J180 is more like a pick-up shell with a big roof tent.

Keyne

Adventurer
The AT Habitat (actually is made by Ursa-Minor as the J180) isn't open in the back area like a normal flip-pac type camper - so removing the small amount of stock roll bar wouldn't really gain much space wise. I suppose you could cut the floor/roof out of the J180 over the back area (there is an opening already over the rear two seats) but that might compromise the structural design. Removing the rear seats would be easy.

Comparing the J180 / Habitat to the Action Camper is a bit unfair - they are very different things... The action camper is a full camper (with cookstove, water system, sink, toilet, table seating etc. while the J180 is more like a pick-up shell with a big roof tent.

Interesting. Didn't know the back was blocked off like that in the Habitat. I wasn't trying to compare but to suggest a possible use for one of their other products. Looks like it wouldnt really work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior