New guy with question

FlyingWen

Explorer
I would recommend you first getting sliders to protect the body of the Taco. That of course would depend on where you wheel. WE are in AZ and have Demello sliders on out 01 Tacoma.

Otherwise OME makes a great product and has a nice ride to go along with it.
If you have any question you can visit our site or send me a PM and I can help you with product numbers, etc...

soonenough

Explorer
One thing I haven't seen anyone mention with regards to rear springs is whether the Alcans being Left-Right specific (vs. the Deavers, which aren't as far as I know) affect the stance of the truck at all. I've seen several Tacomas that suffer from the infamous "Taco Lean", and would like to avoid that if possible when it comes time to do my rear springs. Will the Alcans better address this issue than the Deavers by being side-specific? How does OME compare with the other two on this issue?

SWDesertTaco

Adventurer
soonenough said:
One thing I haven't seen anyone mention with regards to rear springs is whether the Alcans being Left-Right specific (vs. the Deavers, which aren't as far as I know) affect the stance of the truck at all. I've seen several Tacomas that suffer from the infamous "Taco Lean", and would like to avoid that if possible when it comes time to do my rear springs. Will the Alcans better address this issue than the Deavers by being side-specific? How does OME compare with the other two on this issue?

Being that I only have personal experience with the Alcans, I can't say otherwise for the Deavers or OME.
You are correct that Alcan does provide a L and R, and it eliminates the taco lean.
I have heard of individuals needing to purchase shims from Deaver for their springs (I believe this is mostly on the newer 05+ rigs) in order to properly tune their springs.
All I can suggest is getting a hold of Deaver and asking them directly about the newer models and the possible 'listing' of the rearend due to L or R springs.
Others may chime in about the OME and Deaver; though your post has been up without a response for a bit now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan