New Jeep Concept Vehicles at Easter Jeep Safari

njtacoma

Explorer
I had an Fc 170 and loved it. My wife already said we would have to get one it they built it.

PLEASE BUILD THIS JEEP!!!

dustboy

Explorer
Sadly Jeep will probably never build the FC unless they get a military contract...first time I've ever really thought we should increase military spending.

Balzer

Adventurer
It is sad they probably wont build any of them, but the more I look at the FC the cooler it is! Freedom top, JK parts such as bumpers, Storage down low, lockers, internal winch plug..... Would be a very fun toy!

forsakenfuture

Explorer
I dont see why it couldnt pass todays crash standards, there are several forward control trucks available in commercial trucks.

I THINK all the ones made today are classified different then regular passenger vehicles so they don't have to adhere to the same crash standards. Maybe someone in the know will chime in.

expeditionerd

Observer
Let's see if this helps the brain juices.
All we need to do is cross breed the Mighty FC with an Earth Cruiser.
Now, where would you take it?

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1332915618.395081.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1332915618.395081.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 17

jeepdreamer

Expedition Leader
Ok... I've been drooling over this and the F-12 since I saw the pictures yesterday. I find it difficult to realize that Jeep/Feep can create such jaw dropping, awe inspiring concepts that us Jeep folks would kill for yet will never see production. Without falling into the financial reasoning pitfall I will try and just offer my thoughts on these...
The F-12 doesn't seem to be getting as much lime light as the FC but I do like it a lot. I'm not sure if it would qualify as a mid or full size pick up but I think it could put a large dent Ford and Chevy's market share if produced. The potential is there and it could be a real head turner and future classic.
The Mighty FC...sigh. Taking it as it is I really dig it. I don't really care for the bumpers because they look a little like after thoughts but whatever. :) The portal axles are drool worthy as well but at around 25k for the pair!?! Yikes! I'm sure the JK folks would agree that the factory axles/ball jointsr are junk so SOME other solution is required..Guess it depends on how "heavy duty" one wishes the truck to be? As someone mentioned, drop in the new 3.0 VM diesel, add a quality tranny and t-case and you have a unique winner. Keep it semi-modular and accessories and options are near limitless. And I also agree that the utilitarian appeal would be great much like the Pinzy and the VW vans.
Will they build it...nah. Ain't holding my breath. But Maybe if I can score an original FC 150 or 170 I could build my own... :)

Harald Hansen

Explorer
I just love the FC!

A production version, with regular axles and a van body, would be the American UAZ-452. Production of the 452 started in 1965, and is, as far as I can tell, still ongoing.

Mbogo

Observer
Lack of a separate bed on the J-12 makes it a fail.

I dunno, I think Jeep is trying different ways to package the JK platform into a pickup. The old Scrambler was a very versatile design--roadster pickup to troopie-style hardtop or soft top and back to a 1/2 cab hardtop in 45 minutes or less. What traditional cab/bed design can make this claim? This integrated layout also avoids the overly complicated and expensive "midgate" gadgetry of the Gladiator concept. Of course, the Chevy Avalanche makes the midgate idea work (kinda), but it is not a separate cab/bed design. Maybe Chrysler fears that a separate cab/bed configuration will cannibalize Dodge Ram sales, or vice versa. After all, in a straight up comparo with a Power Wagon, a cab/bed Wrangler might not fare so well, but if it's an entirely new (old) class of vehicle, it might pass the bean counter's muster. That's where the Scrambler failed, not in concept or design, but marketing. Jeep tried to go head to head with the mini-trucks of the day and came up short. They would have been better off marketing the versatility of the platform as the leader in an entirely new class of vehicle. But AMC didn't have the finances to do this, or certify a the AMC V8 for the Scrambler, which would have crushed the mini truck competition of the early '80s. But I digress...

Hawkz

Adventurer
Good video. They mention both diesels and pickups being considered for the next generation Wrangler. Maybe they are listening...

shortbus4x4

Expedition Leader
Nice. I know there used to be a dually tow truck FC in Ashland OR for a while, I always drooled over it. I would love to get a crewcab FC but they are ultra rare and $$$$. I think I have seen pictures of a bus FC but don't actually know of any that have survived to present day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998