New Member, and a question

JSBriggs

Adventurer
BTW, both the LT95 and LT85 are Santana gearboxes, not Land Rover gearboxes. The LT85 was discontinued in Land Rover products when Land Rover severed their licensing agreements with Santana.

TeriAnn, why would you say the LT95 is a Santana box and not a Land Rover box? It was in the Range Rover at its inception (1970) through the early 80's.

-Jeff

TeriAnn

Explorer
TeriAnn, why would you say the LT95 is a Santana box and not a Land Rover box? It was in the Range Rover at its inception (1970) through the early 80's.

-Jeff

You are right. All I can say is I guess all the stress I've been under the last 2 months has totally fried my brain. I'm going to need a total restart of my life in the hopes that I can regain any sort of mental balance. Unfortunately it looks like I have another 2 or 3 months left dealing with end of life legal issues before I can really try a restart. I'll try to stay out of technical discussions until I can once again trust my brain. Maybe sometime next year.

The LT95 was indeed a British Leland box.

The LT85 was originally designed under contract by Land Rover for Santana in Spain. Rover purchased LT85 gearboxes directly from Santana.

greenmeanie

Adventurer
TeriAnn,
Keep it up. It is the internet and there is always a rivet counter out there to keep us on the straight and narrow. You have the good grace to accept it.

My real passion is the 101 and their LT95s.

Good luck with your issues.

Nonimouse

Cynical old bastard
Lovely box the LT95 - not British Leyland btw but Leyland Transmissions, part of Leyand Trucks (as in big trucks) until the formation of British Leyland; wich was our government's idea to kill off some of the finest car makers in the world - namely our own!

The LT95 O/D is only weak if you haven't shimmed it correctly - but that needs knowledge, a brown shop coat, ****** packet and a pencil behind the ear...

All the early 110's had LT95's. The LT77 was then used on IL4 lumps and the LT85 Santana box on V8's. My first 110 - a factory built High Comp 3.5V8 High Capacity PU with LHD, had the vacuum activator for the box fitted down on the kick plate by the driver right heel, next to the high low lever

Early 110's had 2.25 Petrol and Diesel engines, the 2.5 came a little later

All 109's were fitted with 2.25 Petrol or Diesel, IL6 2.6 Petrol and 3.5V8's (strangled to 90 odd bhp)

The 2.25 Diesel lump is an awful engine - truly awful. Thirsty and gutless, it won't pull the skin off a rice pudding; unreliable, short lived.... Just awful.

The 2.5 NA Derv Burner was always a retro fit on 109's - same goes for the oh so sweet and massively tuneable 2.5 petrol

The 2.25 petrol is one of God's favoured engines - it can almost always be bodged to get you home, will run on just about anything flammable, just a great lump.

I'm not a rivet counter but I do like to make sure stuff is right

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior