New Mopar Fender Flares and other cool stuff

onetraveller

Adventurer
If you haven't seen them, Mopar has released a new line of Jeep performance products. The one that really caught my eye are their new high clearance fender flares. They'll let you run 35s with no lift and 37s with a 2 inch lift. They also have new lift kits, a new HD Dana 44 housing for under $1000, a new big brake kit, and new bead lock wheels.

http://moparonlineparts.com/mopar-performance-jeep-wrangler-fender-flares-p-6562.html

Mike

Attachments

• Mopar Flares.jpg
    Mopar Flares.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 117

Metcalf

Expedition Leader
I got to see those at EJS, they looked like a very nice part! I would suspect they would let someone run a 40" tire with about 3" of lift you did a little tuning on arm length...

The rockers guards could use a trim....

And I think there is a little extra room in the flare if you wanted to get fancy with trimming.

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
I was thinking along the same lines.
the instructions include cutting the stock liners and reusing them. So I "think", that would restrict tire size to 37-ish.

DallasJKU

Adventurer
I really like my MCE's, but I think I might swap them out for the MOPAR flares. Never mind just saw that the shipping was $126.

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: Pretty hard to complain about the MCE carbon fiber-flexable, lifetime warranty-

I really like my MCE's, but I think I might swap them out for the MOPAR flares. Never mind just saw that the shipping was $126.

MCEFenders-1-16-15013_zps2ce708c1.jpg

:costumed-smiley-007:wings::wings: JIMBO

LoneWolf

I just saw yesterday that Rock-Slide Engineering has two (new?) shorter-length variants for its flares, too. One of them looks just like the MCE flares, but it's made from aluminum. Really tempting ...

MTSN

Explorer
I'm happy to see Mopar releasing items like these. I personally prefer to keep the vehicle looking as stock as possible, and this looks to be the best option for fitting large tires on a small lift. It also shows that Jeep is finally "realizing" that most people want to mod their JKs and were missing out on the aftermarket for a long time. I hope that means they'll be more lenient on warranty claims when it's clear a Jeep gets taken off road and is modified. Admittedly I haven't had my JK long enough to find out what the warranty process is like through the dealer, but back in the mid to late nineties if you had much more than a sticker on your Jeep they'd deny warranty claims because of your "modifications".

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
I wanted to retain the Mopar Mudflaps up front, to help save the hinge pitting and reduce the muck on the doors.
So that, and maintaining the stock look were the driving motivators in getting the High Top Flares.

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: Heh Heh, yeah paying an exorbitant amount for shipping is a PITA, but

Even plastic costs a bunch, mainly because of BULK SIZE--not weight-

Whatever

:costumed-smiley-007:wings: JIMBO

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears