New product from Proud Rhino! The SYA Off Road Extension Kit

zelatore

Explorer
Possible. I did verify that when I dump the air and set it on the bumpstops it goes lower than the point at which it senses and 'obstruction' when going to access mode. It is actually is still lowering when it kicks the error and raises back up, just slowly. I'm guessing it's that slow lowering that is causing the issue instead of an actual blockage. I may have to play with the height settings via GAP to see if I can work around this. I don't normally use access, but it's nice to have on occasion.

I'm still taking it camping this weekend. I don't think this will have any effect on normal or off-road driving.

ColoDisco

Explorer
Interested in this product but would like to see some more long term use. Being a LR tech I am not fond of the rear limiting strap mounting location as its attached to the rear cam adjustment bolt for rear camber. May look more into a alternate solution myself.

zelatore

Explorer
Not the same thing...

Agreed. They are nice being billet, but the first critical difference is the angled mating surface on the Proud Rhino parts to help with strut angles.

I am about to remove mine to see if I can resolve me inability to lower the vehicle. Something is preventing it from going into either access height (with johnson rods installed) or standard height (with OEM rods installed). Once I can do that I need to re-do my height sensor calibrations and see if I can get rid of my cross axle errors. Arg....it never ends! Somebody tell me about coils again.... ;)

Dmarchand

Adventurer
Agreed. They are nice being billet, but the first critical difference is the angled mating surface on the Proud Rhino parts to help with strut angles.

I am about to remove mine to see if I can resolve me inability to lower the vehicle. Something is preventing it from going into either access height (with johnson rods installed) or standard height (with OEM rods installed). Once I can do that I need to re-do my height sensor calibrations and see if I can get rid of my cross axle errors. Arg....it never ends! Somebody tell me about coils again.... ;)

I have the same access height issue, just goes to extended mode each time it lowers. The cross axle error is either an issue with the tire air pressure (higher on one side) or the height sensor itself.

jhawk

Adventurer

I didn't realize the Rhino spacers were angled. I'm sure the angle helps from rubbing the air bag at full extension, but is that angle enough to screw with the height sensors when in access height?

I went to coils over a year or so ago with no regrets, except it's not as easy to get my canoe on the roof.

Jim

zelatore

Explorer
I have the same access height issue, just goes to extended mode each time it lowers. The cross axle error is either an issue with the tire air pressure (higher on one side) or the height sensor itself.

I think my cross axle error may be due to a poor calibration I did after installing the kit. Without being able to get into 'normal' height with the OEM rods I tried to do it in off-road height by adding 55mm. In theory it should work, and the truck sits level, but I still get the error. I need to re-base-line the calibration to rule it out (not keen to spend $100/ea+ for sensors on a guess).

As for why it goes into extended mode....I really have no idea. Do keep us posted if you resolve it!

KMET

Adventurer
I didn't realize the Rhino spacers were angled. I'm sure the angle helps from rubbing the air bag at full extension, but is that angle enough to screw with the height sensors when in access height?

I went to coils over a year or so ago with no regrets, except it's not as easy to get my canoe on the roof.

Jim

Me too...

Only complaint I have, now use a ladder to wash it.

Jwestpro

Explorer

...you need the LLAMS.... and remove those stupid rods.

zelatore

Explorer
...you need the LLAMS.... and remove those stupid rods.

Ah, I hadn't heard from you in a while! I was getting worried about who would give me my daily ration of abuse over running rods. :)

Right now it's all stock. No rods, no Proud Rhino stuff, no GAP lift. Tomorrow I'll redo the calibration, after I do some cutting to make room for the new 33s that is. Then I'll go back to my other goodies one at a time. But first I need to get rid of my cross axle error, which I'm hoping will be sorted via recalibrating. We shall see.

As for the LLAMS, it would be nice I'm sure, but the thing costs as much as I just paid for my RRC! Well, probably - I haven't looked at it in a while but I seem to recall it being $1200 or more(?)

Jwestpro

Explorer
I'm your source for unsolicited advice and abuse ;)

I recall roughly $600-$700 depending on exchange rate, which right now is very favorable for USD-AUD.

Upon further research, it was $600 AUD in 2013. Could be different now but an AUD dollar is currently only .72 USD

Last edited:

zelatore

Explorer
Hello Australia? This is America calling. Are we reaching?

(sorry for the bad Pink Floyd paraphrase)

Emails have been sent. Why shouldn't I add one more thing to the mods list? What could possibly go wrong?:snorkel:

Of course if I do get it what will you do for entertainment?

Ray_G

Explorer
I almost want LLAMS just b/c it sounds so awesome....even if my truck doesn't change height anymore :)

In all seriousness, when I ordered my Traxide kit it was apparent that now is the time to get stuff from AUS given the exchange rate.

zelatore

Explorer
Price with shipping to California: AU$500. Currently that works out to about US$362. Or about 1/3 what I thought it was. There will be import fees as well I'm sure, though I'm not sure how much. A bill usually just shows up a month or so later from customs. :(

So I'm doing it. Because I'm a sucker for making stuff more complicated. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78