New project ! 2006 GMC 5500 4x4 Top Kick

Deleted Member 183

I'm in love with the DDG Overland build...

Please pardon me because of my incredulous nature! But in this day and age, image/ 3d modelling can be bought for "chump change"!!!

If these folks are the "real deal" ... Then they should show off their REAL DRIVE-ABLE HARDWARE!!! Otherwise, they are just POSERS like all the kooks for the last 2 decades that came before them! SORRY, but "pretty pictures" don't mean squat to me!

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo
Please pardon me because of my incredulous nature! But in this day and age, image/ 3d modelling can be bought for "chump change"!!!
If these folks are the "real deal" ... Then they should show off their REAL DRIVE-ABLE HARDWARE!!! Otherwise, they are just POSERS like all the kooks for the last 2 decades that came before them! SORRY, but "pretty pictures" don't mean squat to me!
You can see plenty of their 'real drive-able hardware' on their website. There is certainly nothing wrong with them posting future projects, and if you read the messaging you can see they are hoping to find the ultimate starting point of a Kodiak/Topkick.
ddg1.pngddgr.jpg

Last edited:

simple

Adventurer
Not much other than waiting for subframe completion. After that, box assembly and mounting to chassis.
I'm really curious what the top kick's road manners are like once it's loaded up. Are you thinking of keeping the dual rear wheels or switching to singles? I imagine suspension adjustments will be as needed once the box is completed.

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
I'm really curious what the top kick's road manners are like once it's loaded up. Are you thinking of keeping the dual rear wheels or switching to singles? I imagine suspension adjustments will be as needed once the box is completed.
For now we are keeping the dualies. The truck came with brand new tires and it would be a shame to switch them out. I'm also not a big fan of running "old" super single military tires that may or may not blow up.... After all, logging trucks, construction trucks all run this set up and have done for a long time.
The suspension is indeed extremely stiff at the moment. Driving it unloaded is torture. Ask me in 6 months for an update :)

Brewdiak

kodiak conversionator
how goes your build? I'm selling mine, but I will always love kodiak/topkick rigs there's just something about the cab design that got me from the first time I saw the two rescue trucks at a nearby city wayyyy back in the 90's

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior