New toy

Chucaro

Adventurer
oonimog said:
I'm just about to begin converting my V8 110 to the 300Tdi and am also very interested in tuning up the IP. Please post or PM me as well!!

Thanks
PM sent, Cheers

revor

Explorer
The Latest Mods..
RTE/SG springs up front with 12" short body Bilstein 7100's, 14" Bilstein 7100 long bodies in the rear (a little too long) RT Trailing arms too!!
SEAT COVERS!
Wheel Arch Eyebrows of the proper colour so Graham can be happy again!!
Can anyone tell me what is in the stretch wrap?
You can see by the fourth pic we tryed making D90's but Grahams truck just kept nagging mine about lack of free time or something.
And a Sideways Spring pic for Andrew!

Last edited:

KevinNY

Adventurer
Who's rear links are those?:hehe: A little RTE under the shrink wrap?

How are you diggin' the new BFGs?

Last edited:

KevinNY

Adventurer
BTW I added a RTE A arm extension and then 3 spacers to the arms you made for me and was able to move my axle back a scootch and clear 35"s with perfect rear driveline geometry.:victory: See you in September.

gjackson

FRGS
Wheel Arch Eyebrows of the proper colour so Graham can be happy again!!

Not only the eyebrows, but you even spelled colour correctly! Just for that I'll let you into the 110 club! :)

Candy is looking very nice, I have to admit. . .

cheers

ShearPin

Adventurer
Congrats...

Not sure how I missed this post - congrats on your 110....

I read about your front coils with a set of ARB's already on order - missed them by less then a month. Still, I am looking forward to seeing this truck evolve. Regarding your slider build - any chance you'll be producing some for sale?

More questions... how is the Tdi with the 285's? I've got ARB heavies front and rear and was hoping to fit 255/85/16's. Your lift sounds similar, do you have any rubbing with the 285's? I have some concerns regarding a aux. fuel tank I have fitted (photo) and can't seem to locate any 255's locally for a trial fitting....

Congrats again,
Henry
www.4x4freedom.com

overlander

Expedition Leader
revor said:
You can see by the fourth pic we tryed making D90's but Grahams truck just kept nagging mine about lack of free time or something...

I guess we know who's your daddy!!!

kellymoe

Expedition Leader
Maybe I missed it but did you put the Detroit in the rear? If so did you change out the axles? I have been lazy, have a Detroit on my workbench that needs to go in. BTW I am extremely jealous.

revor

Explorer
Thanks for the nice comments Guys!!!

To start I haven't done anything locker wise yet but the plan is an ARB up front with a Detroit in the rear. I will use stock axles for now but probably upgrade later.

The TD1 turns the 285's pretty well considering we're at 5000 feet. I wouldn't mind a lower first gear though.. Typical MPG is running at about 20. That's winter fuel and many short trips with an occasional runn down the interstate. She pulls 75 without trouble so far and 85 sometimes if I feel rowdy!

With Wolf wheels and the 285's there was a scant bit of rubbing on the passenger side radius arm only, now I have put on some RTE arms an both sides rub because of the extra plating on the sides. I do not anticipate trouble with the extended range tank (same one) seems like everything should clear okay.

I have some more pics of last weekends activities, I'll try and post those tonight!

Yippie!!! The He Man Defender club!!!! It was the Colour comment wasn't it;)

Sideways?!?!?! I didn't even think of that!!! They would have been so much easier to install!!!!!

overlander

Expedition Leader
If you still aren't having any vibration problems with the SG spring install, then that's what I'm going to have to do after my axle upgrade.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan