New toy

overlander

Expedition Leader
revor said:
Yippie!!! The He Man Defender club!!!!

Keith,

Your not officially in until you demonstrate your new faith by changing your avatar. (don't be afraid, it will only hurt for a moment)

revor

Explorer
More goodies added last weekend!!!
Hmmmm
RTE caster Corrected Radius Arms
RTE Stainless Brake lines
Rovertracks High Clearance Tie Rod
Rovertracks Drag Link
And a Ratty old winch! Yes I'll put rope on it when I can afford it!

This weekend perhaps the Extended range fuel tank if the weather holds!

Mercedesrover

Explorer
Another that understands the value of front mud flaps. I learned the hard way.

Looking good, Keith, but that front diff makes me shudder man! I hope that is going by the wayside soon.

overlander

Expedition Leader
Dang! Graham, momma D is gonna pass you up pretty soon at this rate! I think Keith's goal is to be done by the end of the 60th!

gjackson

FRGS
He's doing well, but he has a long way to go. I'm not worried, I'll pass the crown if I can find it.
:elkgrin:

cheers

revor

Explorer
Mercedesrover said:
Another that understands the value of front mud flaps. I learned the hard way.

Looking good, Keith, but that front diff makes me shudder man! I hope that is going by the wayside soon.

Hmmmm You had to bring it up... I've been thinking both ways... If I leave it 3.54 the Rover diff is adequate. Changing to a front Toy with 4.1 gears requires doing the rear as well and loosing the 1.4 T Case or I'm spinning the motor too fast.. The 3.54 diff ratio with the 1.4 box is slightly lower at final drive than the 4.1/1.2 box combo but not enough to worry about.
Ideally 4.88's and a 1:1 T case would be the coolest because of the lower low range..

"Gunning For Graham" Novel thought !! After Marlin Perkins and Steve The "Daddy D" is my inspiration. They're really going to end up as compadre's instead of competitors. My vision for what the Big Red Devil duck is going to end up like will be a significant departure that what Graham's truck is designed for. Equally effective in their own right..
Hopefully my execution of my "vison" will be as well done!
:box:
Time will tell!

Mercedesrover

Explorer
revor said:
Changing to a front Toy with 4.1 gears requires doing the rear as well......

Um...I knew that!

revor said:
The 3.54 diff ratio with the 1.4 box is slightly lower at final drive than the 4.1/1.2 box combo but not enough to worry about.
Ideally 4.88's and a 1:1 T case would be the coolest because of the lower low range..

Why not a pair of 4:56? A factory ratio and though not as easy to find, they're not impossible. Save yourself the expense of building a set of 4:88s

jim

revor

Explorer
I knew you knew that!

Why not a pair of 4:56? A factory ratio and though not as easy to find, they're not impossible. Save yourself the expense of building a set of 4:88s

jim

A high pinion 4.56? I didn't know there was such an animal, especially in E Locker.

And don't forget I've a Salisbury in the rear of this beastie.

For now it will need to wait, I've got other things to concentrate on. I am on the hunt for a front High pinion for it though. Jim have you messed with any of the cable actuators for the E Elocker ? Opinions?

Last edited:

Mercedesrover

Explorer
I forgot you have a Sals in the back. Also wasn’t thinking about the high-pinion up front. I run low-pinion diffs in the front of mine to help make room for the Mercedes oil pan. There have been arguments on the pros and cons of putting the high-pinion up front. Some say they’re weaker than the low-pinion, especially backing up. That’s a debate for another day.

I’ve seen the cable actuators for the E-locker but I’ve never installed one. I kinda like the electric motors. I run them through the limit switches through a momentary three-way switch in the cab. I run a little indicator light to show a locked position too. Seems to work out well for me. I have all the part numbers for the hard shell connectors and wire ends if you need them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior