New Tundra Release

jcdespaux

Jcdespaux
one thing that toyota is going backwards is there fuel consumption. tundra is getting like 12 mpg when stronger dodge ram or silverado or f150 is close to 20 mpg or over that

Stronger? i hope your talking about the frame. My 12 tundra has RW wheels and 285 tires. on average i get 15.8 mpg around town and 20 on the hwy. I can flat out smoke a 6.2 ford. I can outrun and out pull my dads hemi. The only faster truck would maybe be a 6.2 chevy and i only say maybe because ive never drove or been around one. I have ran my buddys 6.0 and its no match. I do hate the looks of the new tundra and the interior does look a lot like the new dodge and ford. I wish they would have included the diesel engine. But i have no complaints about my 5.7.

KevinJ

It's not a bad looking truck... I do like the new design on the bed and tailgate. The chrome up front seems a bit much, but it might grow on me... I think it'd be amazing to see the diesel engine in the Tundra but knowing how expensive an option that'd be I am curious as to how many people would actually be willing to pay for it. The one thing I just don't understand is why can't we get some kind of e-locker option for the rear end. It seems like such a popular option in so many of their other lines (Land-Cruiser, 4-Runner, FJ, Tacoma). Don't have to make it standard, just throw a dog a bone, ya know?

With all that said, the ONLY other truck I'd think about buying if I was in the market right now would be the Taco... I know.. I'm just a Toyota fan, and with that comes a bias, but I do think they make one of the best 1/2 ton full size pickups on the market!

BTW... My guess is that the Land Cruiser gets the diesel option before the Tundra or Tacoma ever see it as an option... The Land Cruiser seems to be the platform they put things on when they aren't concerned about cost as much as just offering what a niche of the market wants.

jim65wagon

It's not a bad looking truck... I do like the new design on the bed and tailgate. The chrome up front seems a bit much,............................................. The one thing I just don't understand is why can't we get some kind of e-locker option for the rear end. It seems like such a popular option in so many of their other lines (Land-Cruiser, 4-Runner, FJ, Tacoma). Don't have to make it standard, just throw a dog a bone, ya know?

If it was just the grill slats that were chrome it would be good, but the chrome going up over the hood scoop(? is that what that is?) makes it just look stupid. Tundras should've had lockers from day 1.....

keezer37

Explorer
First visit to this thread. Sorry if I'm repeating verse and song but...

you ugly.

Good lord! Can that front end get any busier? Even the toned down semi-non-chrome version is ugly. Was this a winning submission from a high school voc-ed class?

sourdough

Adventurer
The new Tundra is disappointing. I was hoping Toyota would build something Provan could use for their Tiger CX.

Clutch

<---Pass
Good lord! Can that front end get any busier? Even the toned down semi-non-chrome version is ugly. Was this a winning submission from a high school voc-ed class?

The color coded grill trim tones it down a bit, though the insert looks like it came off a Schick Quattro razor.

Toyota-Tundra_2014_1600x1200_wallpaper_08.jpg

Seems like Tundras only look good with 6" of lift and 35"+ tires...have to put on a crappy bracket lift to achieve it though.

33962d1216490700-regular-cab-pics-only-please-shell-a.jpg

long travel kit might get you there...

DSC00551.jpg

the orange one from SEMA a few years ago wasn't too bad, the 5th wheel was optimistic to say the least..

Tundra2.jpg

Last edited:

Clutch

<---Pass
I want that Regular Cab Longbed in the picture above! Now that would be an overlander!

With a Flip Pac it would be awesome!

That might be my next rig (of course I am all over the map for the "next" rig ;) ), the space behind the seats is as much or a smidge bigger than my Extra Cab Taco.

2008-toyota-tundra-regular-cab-interior-photo-55176-s-1280x782.jpg

Flagster

Expedition Leader
With a Flip Pac it would be awesome!

That might be my next rig (of course I am all over the map for the "next" rig ;) ), the space behind the seats is as much or a smidge bigger than my Extra Cab Taco.

View attachment 144404

I looked at a reg cab a couple years back and there is a surprising amount of room...not sure I could live with it after having a double cab but they sure look nicer...
There is a really nice 2nd gen RCSB here in Flag...speedway blue...with a really clean shell on it...

Clutch

<---Pass
I looked at a reg cab a couple years back and there is a surprising amount of room...not sure I could live with it after having a double cab but they sure look nicer...
There is a really nice 2nd gen RCSB here in Flag...speedway blue...with a really clean shell on it...

Why I am all over the map on what the next vehicle is going to be. If it is going to be a regular cab it needs to be a long bed 2nd gen Tundy.

However there are times when I could use an extra set of seats, we tend to car pool a lot with the motos. When we need to be rescued,
my buddy's crew cab Dodge is awfully nice...even though I would seldom use the extra seats.

Is the rear leg room similar in a Double Cab Tacoma as a Access Cab 2nd gen Tundra? ACSB Tundy may be the answer...I would really miss my manual trans though.

Decisions decisions....

EDIT: Ran by the stealership from getting the VW emissions done (it passed) DC Taco & AC Tundra rear seat leg-room about the same, meh...both look painful
for rear passengers, why bother?

Then I saw a very nice mid 90's Bronco done up all prerunner style on the way home..oooo...ahhh.

I have vehicular A.D.D.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78