Nexgrill portable gas grill - any feedback/reviews?

dyogim

Explorer
Anyone seen these grills at Costco? They are being sold for $99.99. Seem to be a decent portable grill.

51DpqZIr7-L._SS500_.jpg

Montana Cruiser

Adventurer
Any word on this? How'd it perform?

The word is "get one"! IMHO these are as well built as anything out there at 3x the price. Nice Stainless construction throughout, very heavy steel grates, nice thick burner covers, the knobs and fittings all seem very nice as well. I am not a fan of gas for all occasions, but they have their place and I am amazed at the quality for $99. My only small gripe is the lid, it's not domed like a regular backyard grill, so it limits the size of meat you can get in there, but hey, this is meant to be portable, and frankly, if it had a regular lid, it would not travel with me. I am looking for a storage vessel for travel, possibly something like a plastic bin, but I think a canvas bag would be ideal. The lid latches to the base with two secure latches and you can carry it suitcase style from the beefy handle. Worth checking out for sure. Hope this helps.

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Went to Costco and picked one up today. Should work well. I was holding out for a Solaire after my last gas grill died so i figured for $99, what the heck... give a shot. The last one i chanced on, lasted 3 years of off road tripping.

Attachments

• grill.jpg
    grill.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 52

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
It's a large grill... almost for backyard entertaining. I might even be taking mine back. We'll see tomorrow when i find a place for it in our trailer.

The smallest action packer doesn't have a prayer.. might fit in the medium... but most likely would take the 35 gal size.

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
I'm buying one for the backyard today. It looks too big for packing. For bbq'n I use a folding Coleman. It cooks steaks,chicken and foil wrapped veggies great.

Montana Cruiser

Adventurer
It's a large grill... almost for backyard entertaining. I might even be taking mine back. We'll see tomorrow when i find a place for it in our trailer.

The smallest action packer doesn't have a prayer.. might fit in the medium... but most likely would take the 35 gal size.

I agree, the size is over what you would normally consider "portable", but it's still shy of a backyard size. For me, this will go on on weekend trips with big groups, or longer trips when the space is available. When home, I will in fact use it the backyard. I still think for $99 the build quality can't be beat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12