Nissan Patrol in Iraq: Pics!

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
Here is a newer Nissan Patrol that was being used by security contractors near the Syrian Border, I thought I'd post up some pics of this outstanding expedition vehicle for all you Nissan folks here on ExPo!

100_2365.jpg

100_2364.jpg

100_2363.jpg

100_2362.jpg

100_2361.jpg

100_2360.jpg

100_2359.jpg

100_2358.jpg

AZ_Husker

Observer
And manual tranny? :drool:

Hey, Nissan! Could you import some stripped-down Patrols to the U.S.? Please!? HELLO?!

:confused:

ChuckB

Expedition Leader
I was able to drive the previous generation model around the base when I was at Al-Asad. They are very cool and this one had been well abused.

kcowyo

ExPo Original
That's sweet Dave.

I've seen a bunch of them featured in AUS4WD and they are very impressive. They rival Landcruiser's down under, for most beloved fourbie.

Those aren't wheels :)

Those are part of the radius arm that have bushings which connect to the most beautiful solid front axle in the world....ohh I just messed my pants.

system-f said:
Those aren't wheels :)

Those are part of the radius arm that have bushings which connect to the most beautiful solid front axle in the world....ohh I just messed my pants.

Now I see the whole part. Thought some kid might have been missing his rollerblade wheels.:D

LC/LR4Life

Adventurer
The Nissan Patrol has been a dependable off roader over-seas for years. It's too bad for Nissan guys they never brought it to the USA. If I ever bought another Nissan, I would want the Patrol.

Does Toyota make the axles for Nissan? It's birfed. Same control arms.. same everything

Oh my I feel insulted :)

No, Nissan has its own axles. Those look to be the H233b which is similar to later land cruiser axles. They have a 9.32" ring gear and very thick axle shafts. The rear h233b is also the same used in V-6 Xterras, Frontiers, Hardbodies and Pathfinders. (some later V-6 frontiers have the c-200). The H233b is considered a 1 ton axle even though it is a little light for this duty IMHO. To my knowledge no one has yet snapped a shaft on a 33 spline
H233b in the US. The pumpkins should be interchangeable front and rear assuming both are H233bs.

Some patrols come with the H260 which is a MASSIVE axle that has a 10.4" ring gear.

shortymav

Observer
Toyota blokes will upgrade there axles to nissan ones

I have a GQ its diffs are equivelant to a 9" front and rear, there is a bigger rear diff as stated, the GU diff is bigger again in the front also wider in the rear but same strength, people run 40"+ tyres and dont break them they are tough, they come from nissans light truck range. compared to a land cruiser nissan patrol drivelines are massive they are bigger tougher and stronger than stock toyota, now if toyota put a awsome body on nissan driveline with a the new v8 turbo diesel id buy one :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78