Nissan Patrol

winkosmosis

Explorer

A lot of Nissan fans got excited about this pic awhile back, it was taken in the Southeast. We've heard word of the Patrol replacing the Armada here since the larger pickup (Titan) may also be gone. Although the truck would probably be a competitor to the high end or luxury Land Cruiser / Lexus here and be big money. It could follow in the path of Land Rover, Lexus / Toyota and after a few years and easy miles as a luxury vehicle it can be affordable and purchased for it more intended purpose. Although here the proposed independent front end would not be ideal for offroad out of the box we are used to using technology from Baja 'style' racing and off road development groups to make it good for all but the single purpose hardcore rock crawlers. Each Country has it's own requirements and getting a 'world' distribution vehicle would allow us to use established parts ie ARB to modify it since it will start out light years ahead of the Armada. Although I'm used to seeing pics of vehicles that won't be available here it is kind of nice to enjoy a unique to this market product for awhile, can't wait!!! :drool:

pic courtesy of lx450landcruiser

People thought the Xterra was a Patrol?

UK4X4

Expedition Leader
"People thought the Xterra was a Patrol? "

I think you'l find they are Patrol's not Xterra- the later has a two level roof ,is 2/3'ds of the size, the rear window has a cant in it, the spare is underneath ,the rear and only opens from one side not split

Xterra in red, silver patrol in Oman

IMG_2851.JPG

side view of Xtera with roof level change

IMG_2831.JPG

Mine has plastic wheel arches and a few trim diferences, Its a bit like comparing a LC80 to a 4 runner- size, weight, power, duty rating are completely diferent

DSC_2665.jpg

DSC_2669.jpg

Last edited:

garrett

Supporting Sponsor
Thanks Garret.. those tires are totally crazy.. man they are wide..

I THINK they were 42" tires. The Defenders were running 38s. Some were Artic Truck tires and others were MTs that were cut to help in the snow.

Were ran the tires down to about 2 psi in some places that we had really limited traction.

joy

Observer
desert rain

Just got back from a magical tour in the desert...

Attachments

• MOTYRAZ (103).JPG
    MOTYRAZ (103).JPG
    24.1 KB · Views: 65
  • MOTYRAZ (101).JPG
    MOTYRAZ (101).JPG
    21.2 KB · Views: 64
  • MOTYRAZ (105).JPG
    MOTYRAZ (105).JPG
    18.3 KB · Views: 82
  • MOTYRAZ (232).JPG
    MOTYRAZ (232).JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 64
  • MOTYRAZ (33).JPG
    MOTYRAZ (33).JPG
    19.6 KB · Views: 61

RgrBox

Adventurer
Great pics.. I still miss my Patrol.. is it me or do thoise tires look too small for that truck.

FNoMore

Hi all. I have only recently come across this site but I did a little bit of a search and didn't see any posts of the new patrol (trying to avoid doubling up).

Here is the link to some "spy shots" of the new Patrol:

http://www.motorauthority.com/galle...nissan-patrol-suv-spy-shots-december-001.html

Also according to wiki:

Fifth generation (2010–)

Spy shots of what appears to be the next Nissan Safari have just popped up from the Middle East. The Patrol is a Toyota Land Cruiser competitor that has until now only been sold in markets outside of North America. It is believed, however, that Nissan may consider bringing this 2010 version of the Patrol to the States to fill some of the holes left by the cancellation of the Armada and Infiniti QX56. Adopting design cues like a cantilevered roof from the 2007 Nissan Terranaut Concept.

It is expected that the new Patrol will utilise a body-on-frame chassis using the platform developed for the Armada. Engine options are expected to include a 4.8L V8 originally developed for the Armada, a 4.0L V6 currently found in the Pathfinder and Navara and a 3.0L V6 turbo diesel (co-developed with Renault) that is rumored to produce 265 hp and 405 ft-lbs of torque. These engines will be teamed with 6 speed automatic and manual gearboxes and driven through an all-mode four wheel drive system similar to that seen in the Nissan Pathfinder and Navara. A specially developed off road traction control system is also expected, similar in concept to that seen in the Range Rover and Land Rover Discovery 3.

There is considerable speculation that Nissan may abandon the Patrol's traditional live front and rear axles for the next generation Patrol which is something of a sore point in Australia where the big Nissan is extreemly popular with recreational four wheel driver's who prefer the superior wheel travel and axle articulation only offered by live axles. Nissan has remained tight lipped about the possibility of fully independent rear suspension for the next generation Patrol however independent front suspension is looking increasingly likely, however Nissan have moved to assure die hard Patrol fans in Australia that the next generation Patrol is still designed with extreme off road ability in mind.

Cheers

TNxterra

Observer
I would love to have a patrol, I hope they replace the armada. I also hope that they come with the diesel motor and the solid front axel...But it will probably be a independant gas powered rig, if it does come th the US shores...

winkosmosis

Explorer
"People thought the Xterra was a Patrol? "

I think you'l find they are Patrol's not Xterra- the later has a two level roof ,is 2/3'ds of the size, the rear window has a cant in it, the spare is underneath ,the rear and only opens from one side not split

Xterra in red, silver patrol in Oman

side view of Xtera with roof level change

Mine has plastic wheel arches and a few trim diferences, Its a bit like comparing a LC80 to a 4 runner- size, weight, power, duty rating are completely diferent

I have no idea why I wrote my post. I think I meant to type something else, because I definitely wouldn't confuse Patrols for Xterras. :confused:

Your Patrol looks awesome. The plastic flares and black trim really modernize the styling.

BTW I was born in Oman because my dad was working for Shell.

Edit: Now I remember. I think the Patrol pic didn't load, but the Xterra one did, so I thought you were talking about the Xterra.

Last edited:

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
I think these are my favorite years of Patrols, looks wise: This thing's a lottle "flash" for me, but I'll bet it goes like stink eh ;)
2244_124183183356604_My-GQ-(Medium)_jpg

1991-gq-nissan-patrol-wagon-7-seater-4x4-250905-016.jpg

GQ.swbHill.jpg

And a UTE for good Measure...
0802or_12_z+australia_off_road_2007_warn_arb_outback_challenge+nissan_patrol_gq.jpg

...and I LOVE THIS ONE!!!!!!!!!! Even though it is the newer body style...
DSCF0017.jpg

Cheers

Dave

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior