now you see them, now you don't!!

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
After finally finishing up the plugs, wires, and valve cover gasket change this afternoon I decided to remove the running boards and mud flaps. Only took about 35 minutes to do both sides and it looks so much higher now.

Before pictures.

Attachments

• WP_001080.jpg
    WP_001080.jpg
    350.3 KB · Views: 38
  • WP_001081.jpg
    WP_001081.jpg
    249.2 KB · Views: 37

JamesW

Adventurer
One of the best things you could do. I did mine after having them for 2.5 years,The amount of times I went to put my foot on them and missed causing you to feel like you're about to die is absolutely crazy!

Looks like you've lifted it too

eurosonic

Expedition Leader
One of the best things you could do. I did mine after having them for 2.5 years,The amount of times I went to put my foot on them and missed causing you to feel like you're about to die is absolutely crazy!

Sliders solve that problem

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader

Only had it a few weeks so nothing will be missed, and no lift yet.

off-roader

Expedition Leader
Nice to see you on here Jay. If you like them on there you can always build in integrated rock skids. That's what someone I know did with his G-wagon.

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
Not to mention the fact that almost every Montero you see with the stock running boards has rust along the rocker from years of salt buildup because it doesn't ever get cleaned out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan