OAUSA Amateur Radio Net - Now on Western Reflector!!!

FJ-Ollie

Adventurer
For about 3 years now Outdoor Adventure USA has been holding amateur radio nets in the Southern California area. The repeater that we have been using coverers most of the greater LA area, and Inland Empire Area. It also reaches pretty far south into Temecula. The repeater we use is the Keller Peak Repeater, The Official Inland Empire (Emergency) Communications Repeater (146.385+ PL:146.2 or Echolink KE6TZG).

However, ever since we got started we have been trying to get IRLP up and going and we have finally got it nailed. With enough donations and technical support we got the repeater IRLP equipped and have secured Node# 9251 on the Western Reflector during our net airing time on Thursday night at 7:30 PM PST.

Since we are now accessable nearly world wide, we would like to invite all amateur operators to join us. Since we started our weekly net its popularity has grown immensely. We average about 30 checkins per net. Now with IRLP capability we hope to broaden our audience (participation) even further.

Thursdays @ 7:30 PM PST - nets usually run about 90 minutes.
Keller Peak Repeater: 146.385+ / PL: 146.2
Western Reflector Node: 9251
Echolink: KE6TZG

Here is a list of our upcoming topics...

09/06/12 Dutch Oven Cooking (TS)

09/13/12 Alternate Power in the Wilderness (DK)

09/20/12 Destinations (ZHZ)

09/27/12 Wine on the Trail (TS)

10/04/12 Survival and Gear (DK/TS)

Last edited:

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
great news...
this harks back to the day of the Expo Net..
I will do my best to log on tonight but not sure, however I have marked the upcoming dates.

FJ-Ollie

Adventurer
great news...
this harks back to the day of the Expo Net..
I will do my best to log on tonight but not sure, however I have marked the upcoming dates.

Be good to have you join us Lance. Tonight is Friday though, not Thursday. You'll have to shoot for next week.:ylsmoke:

NorCalLC

Adventurer
This is pretty cool. For me personally, I can't get into most HAM nets. Too geeky (no offense meant) and I've wondered why there wasn't an ExPo net of some kind with all the great helpful people on here.

I'm new to HAM and want to utilize it to the fullest involving the outdoors and things that interest me. Thanks for the info :sombrero:

FJ-Ollie

Adventurer
The first post has been upgraded with the latest Net Schedule. This week (Thursday, 9/1/11) Cruiserlarry will be discussing "Electrical Upgrades". Anyone that has seen "1CRZYFJ" will understand why Larry is the man for that discussion.:Wow1: Hope to see you all there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears