OBI Dweller Review and Discussion

Flettrich3

LaBlaze

I know this is a long shot but does anyone have documentation stating the wheel torque specification from OBI? I'm trying to find a place to install new tires and some places are requesting that documentation. tia

Sethsquatch

The first of many mods!
I put this on the Facebook forum but thought I'd share here for anyone who isn't on the obi Facebook.

Unbolted the bumper as I plan on relocating the spare. My god it must weight over 200 lbs even without tires!!
I cut the ends of the bumper where the lights are housed, then drilled them to remount where the bumper was bolted.
Self tapped the license plate to the center of the aluminum diamond plate.
I am amazed at the build quality, all the connecters were automotive style sealed quick release. All the bolts were grade 8 hardware. Incredible for any trailer, let alone a Chinese manufactured unit.
Took me maybe 3 hours, cost nothing other than the self tapping screws.
So now I lost over 200 lbs, and have plenty of stock for the front spare mount. Let me know what you think!

Attachments

• IMG_20240208_103149_01.jpg
    IMG_20240208_103149_01.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 63
  • PXL_20240208_194436470.jpg
    PXL_20240208_194436470.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 52
  • PXL_20240208_181925188.jpg
    PXL_20240208_181925188.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 52
  • PXL_20240208_185324966.jpg
    PXL_20240208_185324966.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 58
  • PXL_20240208_201234029.jpg
    PXL_20240208_201234029.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 55

Nikilrho

Hello All! We have now been camping in the Dweller a 1/2 dozen times, and have to say I love this camper. In the cold it has kept us warm. I have not tried in summertime and not sure I want to. I live in Dallas. I am adding a few of my Youtube shorts for your to check out. Happy camping!

I notice you have the dweller13 vs 15. How does it tow? Any sway? There’s just the two of us and a dog so we’re looking at smaller rigs.

Flettrich3

I notice you have the dweller13 vs 15. How does it tow? Any sway? There’s just the two of us and a dog so we’re looking at smaller rigs

This is my first time towing anything, and towing the 13 I find to tow well. I do not have a sway bar. I have changed my shocks out too Fox shocks. Without any of the tanks filled up I find that there is some sway at anything above 65mph. When I have the front tank filled up I do not get much sway at all. I am always going to have that front tank filled up while towing.

Hello All! We have now been camping in the Dweller a 1/2 dozen times, and have to say I love this camper. In the cold it has kept us warm. I have not tried in summertime and not sure I want to. I live in Dallas. I am adding a few of my Youtube shorts for your to check out. Happy camping!

I'm in Texas, and as the sun rises in the east and sets in the west, I can assure you, you will be disappointed with hot weather performance.

(Unless 90° inside, in July is your kind of comfort.)

LaBlaze

I notice you have the dweller13 vs 15. How does it tow? Any sway? There’s just the two of us and a dog so we’re looking at smaller rigs.
We tow our 13 with a tacoma trd pro. We have airbags and we find she doesnt sways as much as bounce around the road with any little bump. We're going to replace our shocks. We've also been towing completely dry cause we got it in Dec and winterized it right away. There was one horrific potholed highway in AZ that had me white knuckling for about 45 minutes going 55- 60ish mph.
People use wdh or sway bars with theirs. Our rv tech wouldn't install a curt bar or the equalizer we bought because he had to modify stuff to get it to fit. We also had to change out the stock ball mount because the coupler was rubbing again the ball mount plate. It'd probably be better to tow with a bigger truck. We didn't have too many problems going up and down 7% grade mountains through NM and AZ but we're going to get powerbrakes added to the truck and have it re geared for towing. We currently have the truck tuned for performance.

USR103

Does anyone know the manufacturer of the awning? I know it’s most likely to be a knockoff. If so , what one. Looking into an annex type. Talking with MDC and they said they didn’t know if it would work. They said at least $1000 plus shipping from China.

Obsessed2findARuggedHybid

Does anyone know the manufacturer of the awning? I know it’s most likely to be a knockoff. If so , what one. Looking into an annex type. Talking with MDC and they said they didn’t know if it would work. They said at least $1000 plus shipping from China.

Boy trying to find the mfg of that awining is a rabbit hole you might want to avoid. I would look to replace with a more rugged bat wing type.

Death Valley camping last week at Panamint Springs before the st

Customer Service Hotline
0n4z.jpg

+86 (021)57793893-801
Email
emex.jpg

info@awnlux.com
Head office address
q93a.jpg

5-6#, 651L,taogan road,sheshan industry zone,songjiang district,201602 Shanghai,China

Founded in 2010 in Shanghai, Wareda has abundant experience in R&D on sunshade awnings. Awnlux is our brand which covers various awnings for RV, trailer, caravan and motorhome. With our rich experience and considerate services, we have been recognized as a reliable supplier by many international buyers.

Not sure if this helps... This manual was in the storage compartment of the dweller at our dealership. Try contacting Obi directly in Tempe. Good luck if they answer their phone. Unfortunately, YOU would probably have better luck contacting awnlux directly in China.

Attachments

• IMG_3739(1).JPG
    IMG_3739(1).JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 21

Nikilrho

This is my first time towing anything, and towing the 13 I find to tow well. I do not have a sway bar. I have changed my shocks out too Fox shocks. Without any of the tanks filled up I find that there is some sway at anything above 65mph. When I have the front tank filled up I do not get much sway at all. I am always going to have that front tank filled up while towing.

We tow our 13 with a tacoma trd pro. We have airbags and we find she doesnt sways as much as bounce around the road with any little bump. We're going to replace our shocks. We've also been towing completely dry cause we got it in Dec and winterized it right away. There was one horrific potholed highway in AZ that had me white knuckling for about 45 minutes going 55- 60ish mph.
People use wdh or sway bars with theirs. Our rv tech wouldn't install a curt bar or the equalizer we bought because he had to modify stuff to get it to fit. We also had to change out the stock ball mount because the coupler was rubbing again the ball mount plate. It'd probably be better to tow with a bigger truck. We didn't have too many problems going up and down 7% grade mountains through NM and AZ but we're going to get powerbrakes added to the truck and have it re geared for towing. We currently have the truck tuned for performance.

This is how my D13 tows.

Thanks guys. We are getting a 1500 ZR2 and a local place has this rig for rental so I wanted to try it out for some camping this summer before purchasing. I haven’t towed since I was in my 20s (horse trailers at that time and bigger trucks). I’m not sure hubs has done much towing at all. But I think with our lower payload a trailer will be the method we get camping because I’m too old for sleeping on the ground! Lol

Customer Service Hotline
0n4z.jpg

+86 (021)57793893-801
Email
emex.jpg

info@awnlux.com
Head office address
q93a.jpg

5-6#, 651L,taogan road,sheshan industry zone,songjiang district,201602 Shanghai,China

Founded in 2010 in Shanghai, Wareda has abundant experience in R&D on sunshade awnings. Awnlux is our brand which covers various awnings for RV, trailer, caravan and motorhome. With our rich experience and considerate services, we have been recognized as a reliable supplier by many international buyers.

Not sure if this helps... This manual was in the storage compartment of the dweller at our dealership. Try contacting Obi directly in Tempe. Good luck if they answer their phone. Unfortunately, YOU would probably have better luck contacting awnlux directly in China.
Thanks very much for this information.

tjtx

I think it's these guys (i don't have mine in front of me but i researched it a while back):

RJWB

I used this email address to order awning parts earlier in the year. They where very helpful. Let me know if you find a side/end

awning. 1707673507758.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger