Off road lights

Hi all I am
Looking for a recommendation for off road lights. Ideally 6 inch round led driving. And 3 inch cube wide angle They will go on a jeep jlur. I had some quadratec that worked very well but sold them with the truck. Should be reasonably priced and ipf67

Wilbah

Adventurer
I think you want to match where and how you drive and let that guide what you need. 30+ years ago when me and buddies were all about high speed runs we loved KC Daylighters spot beams. Now the flood beams would be better as I'm not so worried about out driving the lights. With LED's the temp/color is critical to ensuring you get the best visibility.

I know there's other good mfr's out there but to me KC is the only way to go. Just my $0.02.

highwest

I have some Baja Design Squadron Pros in a “driving/combo” pattern and some KC 6” Slimlines with a “spot” pattern. Both are amber or have an amber cover and both put out a ton of light. I run both with the low beams so I can still run high beams on the highway, if need be. Probably goes without saying, but the spots are better if you’re trying see a little further down the road to drive a little faster at night. They are the pattern I’d choose if I only had one. The driving/combo are good for a little extra awareness of what’s around you and what may come out from the side of the road. The Baja Designs are incredibly well made and you pay for it, the KCs are good quality too. My $0.02…

Also look into Diode Dynamics.

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral
KC's are bulletproof, I ran various sizes on rally cars and would recommend them, even to a friend.

Besides, they show you're a Chief's fan, GO CHIEFS!

craig333

Expedition Leader
My new Jeep has some Baja Design light and they are very impressive. Maybe KC's are good now but I still remember back in the day when every Daylighter you saw was rusty.

WW Cyclist

I'm looking for the same. I have a six inch round opening in the new Buckstop bumper. The options are PIAA which seem a bit lackluster to me. They used to be big in the game, but it doesn't seem like they are trying to keep up with innovation. KC has the Daylighters in a six inch round, but they have points on the corners so I'm not sure they would fit. Baja Designs has the LP4 that would fit for sure. My concern with those is would the cooling be sufficient since they are in-bumper mounted. Not sure the cooling fins would get enough air. I don't think the LP6 would fit...could be wrong there. Rigid makes a 6" round I think they will fit, but not sure there either. Marimoto has good reviews but odd shapes. Any help with this would be appreciated. This is the bumper I'm trying to fit the lights in.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-09 091536.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-09 091536.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 10

MisterNoisy

How do y'all feel about the Morimoto offerings as ditch lights, specifically the 2-bangers? I like the smaller size and their HXB offering seems pretty legit.

highwest

I'm looking for the same. I have a six inch round opening in the new Buckstop bumper. The options are PIAA which seem a bit lackluster to me. They used to be big in the game, but it doesn't seem like they are trying to keep up with innovation. KC has the Daylighters in a six inch round, but they have points on the corners so I'm not sure they would fit. Baja Designs has the LP4 that would fit for sure. My concern with those is would the cooling be sufficient since they are in-bumper mounted. Not sure the cooling fins would get enough air. I don't think the LP6 would fit...could be wrong there. Rigid makes a 6" round I think they will fit, but not sure there either. Marimoto has good reviews but odd shapes. Any help with this would be appreciated. This is the bumper I'm trying to fit the lights in.
I think if you call Baja Designs and/or KC that knowledgeable people answer the phone and can answer your questions. I’m pretty sure I’ve called both in the past.

WW Cyclist

I think if you call Baja Designs and/or KC that knowledgeable people answer the phone and can answer your questions. I’m pretty sure I’ve called both in the past.
Thank you! I think I will. If Baja Designs gets enough air I may go that direction.

WW Cyclist

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior