Off road lights

carleton

The LP4s are cool....but I don't see them used very often for an in-bumper application (maybe someone can correct me). I'd think that the light it throws sideways would be blocked by the inset of the bumper.

Buddha.

Finally in expo white.
I cant bring myself to spend $900 for 2 lights. I bought some old school 100 watt halogen lights and just bolted them to the bumper. My alternator is over 200 amps, which is way bigger than they were in the 80's. I think the low draw of the LED's is a bit over hyped.

WW Cyclist

The LP4s are cool....but I don't see them used very often for an in-bumper application (maybe someone can correct me). I'd think that the light it throws sideways would be blocked by the inset of the bumper.
That's true about the side light throw. I'm not too concerned about that as I have ditch lights as well. I was just concerned about the cooling. It may be an $800 experiment. My kid dooesn't need to go to college anyways.

llamalander

If you're kid is starting to act smart, you might try Black Oak Led's, I've found them very durable, though I don't know how the output compares to some of the top-dollar bug-burners. They make pods & bars, but no dedicated driving rounds. Worth a look if you don't want to spend every penny you have

JackW

Explorer
I ran 5" GE aircraft landing lights in the high beam sockets of my Corvair back in the early 1970's - very inexpensive and very bright!
I've run a wide variety of lights over the last 50 years and my favorite by far are the Baja Designs LP6 lights that I put on my Defender 90 to replace a set of big Hella 4000's that had been on the truck for years.
The Baja Designs lights really light up the world with a well designed light with an excellent pattern. I've also got the yellow S2 fog lights and a rear mounted S2 work light.

1710721105572.jpeg

WW Cyclist

If you're kid is starting to act smart, you might try Black Oak Led's, I've found them very durable, though I don't know how the output compares to some of the top-dollar bug-burners. They make pods & bars, but no dedicated driving rounds. Worth a look if you don't want to spend every penny you have
I'll check those out, thanks for the recommendation.

WW Cyclist

I ran 5" GE aircraft landing lights in the high beam sockets of my Corvair back in the early 1970's - very inexpensive and very bright!
I've run a wide variety of lights over the last 50 years and my favorite by far are the Baja Designs LP6 lights that I put on my Defender 90 to replace a set of big Hella 4000's that had been on the truck for years.
The Baja Designs lights really light up the world with a well designed light with an excellent pattern. I've also got the yellow S2 fog lights and a rear mounted S2 work light.

View attachment 824786
Great looking rig! I hope it has stories to tell. I'm leaning towards the BD's too at this point. Thanks for the input!

Borrego60

Rendezvous Conspiracy
53425050_2255997117793465_4891854861223591936_n.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior