Official "My name is..." "And I ride..."

herm

Adventurer
hello. I am riding a trek 4500. I love the hydraulic breaks. my old trek 800 was stolen last fall. I hope whomever stole it is having fun, because i Love my new one!

i have a cateye strada wireless computer, a blackburn mars 3.0 rear light, and a princeton tec eos headlight. I end up riding in the dark, on my way home quite often.

I am looking for a different saddle though, the stock one is not to my liking. I am sure i will visit this part of the forum more, as i ride more this summer.

flipe8

I'm currently riding a 2009 Rocky Mountain Altitude 30 that's basically stock with the exception of ugraded Ardent tires front and rear. My plans are to add a hydraulic seat post this spring along with some bigger brakes.

EnjoyProgress

myride.jpg

My Cannondale Caffeine with some fox shocks thrown on instead of the poorly designed mono shock. What I love most about this bike is the fact I can bolt on a rack on the rear. I still need to get that done. I love my machine.

coded 1 and 0s

Name is Dillon. Got a couple complete bikes...and a couple in the process of being complete.

2mcy4n5.jpg

Trek 700 road bike
Single speed front with a XTR rear derailer
bontrager wheels
fenders
pieced together but FAST and very solid. Great for commuting.

BMX:

71008001copy.jpg

Ebco frame
some other stuff (hah)

My defunct bmx bike. I still ride it every so often, but my body hates me for it.

My pride and joy:

Its beautiful. 1981 Benotto. I will be putting new bars/tape soon.

benotto5.jpg

benotto4.jpg

benotto3.jpg

benotto2.jpg

benotto1.jpg

Frame / Size / Year:
Benotto Modelo 1000 (54cm, Columbus Zeta)
Handlebars / Stem:
Cinelli Giro d'Italia, Stock pantographed stem (3ttt)
Fork / Headset:
Benotto, Nuovo Record
Front Wheel / Hub / Rim / Tire:
Ambrosio 19 Extra, 36h gran sport hubs
Rear Wheel / Hub / Rim / Tire:
Ambrosio 19 Extra, 36h gran sport hubs
Crankset / Bottom Bracket:
Pantographed Gran Sport (170, Stamped '81)
Saddle / Seat Post:
Specialized
Pedals / Chain:
Gran Sport (Christophe clips and straps were taken off)
Shifters / Derailers:
Campagnolo
Brakes / Brake Levers:
Universal
Gearing / Chainring / Misc.:
Pantographed campagnolo chainring 52/42

sven

Adventurer
Here is my new Salsa. This is my first 29er and replacement for my old 90's Gary Fisher mtb.

29ers are faaaast!

Attachments

• elmar.jpg
    elmar.jpg
    528.8 KB · Views: 10

Cody1771

Explorer
Hey Cody,

Ruckle... I have toured all over North America, Europe, Africa and Ruckle park is clearly within the top 3 campgrounds I ever stayed, ever! Walk/cycle in only.

Cody, where are you located?
View attachment 92294

sorry for the delayed reply, not sure how i missed your post. I live in Victoria, i've camped in that exact spot the last 2 times i was there! i love the gulf islands :) are you local to around here?

Howdy,

Well I've been scouring craigslist for some time, for that perfect deal. It landed in my lap a few weeks ago, a funny story no less. I find an ad "Bike for beer"... ok, I'll bite, and click on it.
559351_750245690081_62002887_33899440_89791353_n.jpg

I cracked up laughing and emailed the guy, he was only a few blocks away. I had an 8 pack of Shiner left over from a party that weekend and offered that up. He haggled in two 24ozers from the corner store... Deal! He wanted the cheap stuff, I even splurged and got him a 24oz Corona and a 24oz Dos Equis. So, I've got a new to me bike for the price of 10 beers.

Cleaned the bird poop off of the bike, lubed it all up, tuned in the drivetrain, and added some parts.

I rode it to work for the first time today, after waiting to get some new parts. I've got a used (given to me) Manitou fork and new headset, seat and seat post, Crank Bros Candy pedals, two rear LED commuter lights, a NightRider Ultra Fazer 3.0 headlight, and some sette grips. Bike is to serve a dual role as a commuter and trail bike.

I'm in it for less than $150 and all of the stuff is bolt on... so I'm happy.

The bike as it sits in my shop at work.
MTB.jpg

Attachments

• 559351_750245690081_62002887_33899440_89791353_n.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 7

BlackClassic

If Not Now When?
Hi all my name is connor, I'm still on a simple cheap bike, a NEXT powerclimber but it gets the job done, someday I'll upgrade, no pics cause its nothin special but I like it. Had to weld the handlebars from moving though, adjustable handlebars are a stupid idea! Fixed it!

Flagster

Expedition Leader
My lapierre xlite cross bike...
The best photo I have shows it in in natural habitat...boy do I miss cross in the Pacific NW...now all she sees is dry dusty AZ forest roads...

Attachments

• IMG_0541.jpg
    IMG_0541.jpg
    605 KB · Views: 15
Howdy,

Well I've been scouring craigslist for some time, for that perfect deal. It landed in my lap a few weeks ago, a funny story no less. I find an ad "Bike for beer"... ok, I'll bite, and click on it.

I cracked up laughing and emailed the guy, he was only a few blocks away. I had an 8 pack of Shiner left over from a party that weekend and offered that up. He haggled in two 24ozers from the corner store... Deal! He wanted the cheap stuff, I even splurged and got him a 24oz Corona and a 24oz Dos Equis. So, I've got a new to me bike for the price of 10 beers.

Cleaned the bird poop off of the bike, lubed it all up, tuned in the drivetrain, and added some parts.

I rode it to work for the first time today, after waiting to get some new parts. I've got a used (given to me) Manitou fork and new headset, seat and seat post, Crank Bros Candy pedals, two rear LED commuter lights, a NightRider Ultra Fazer 3.0 headlight, and some sette grips. Bike is to serve a dual role as a commuter and trail bike.

I'm in it for less than $150 and all of the stuff is bolt on... so I'm happy.

The bike as it sits in my shop at work.
MTB.jpg

We'll I've put almost 400 miles on my beer bike..... commuting to work while I rebuild my Montero.

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
My lapierre xlite cross bike...
The best photo I have shows it in in natural habitat...boy do I miss cross in the Pacific NW...now all she sees is dry dusty AZ forest roads...
What a great bike! When I raced for Citroen/Citer in France from '94 to '97 we rode LaPierre bikes on the road and the cross course. Ours were steel and heavy as a crate of chains. Great looking race rig, Flagster.

bighurt2590

Big Hurt
hey Im dan, I ride a mid 90's GT Karakorum around the forest preserves and towns in IL and just purchased a new 2011 specialized pitch pro that im picking up in the next few weeks to ride at school in the UP.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle