Official "My name is..." "And I ride..."

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
My name is Christophe. I finally, after many moons saving, planning, waiting, waiting, and waiting some more, ride this:

formcomplete.jpg

Thank you Daryl at Form Cycles for building such an amazing frame. It was worth the wait, for sure. All good things are.

Gooseberry

Explorer
Ok never sold the redline but a pugsly followed me home and dam it's fun to ride. It's not a light bike but I ride to keep in shape so It helps. Rode a section that my 650b Jamis has pucker factor on and the pug just went through and down it with no pucker and at the bottom it felt like I missed a turn..

Pug = fun

Gooseberry

Explorer
Really like the pug but for few more $$ I can get the moonlander. So if anyone is looking I can get this one for $1200 before I give it back to the shop

phsycle

Adventurer
Really like the pug but for few more $$ I can get the moonlander. So if anyone is looking I can get this one for $1200 before I give it back to the shop

Do you need a Moonlander? For extreme snow or sand riding, I can understand. But for trails, the Pug is better. Plus the interchangeable front/rear wheel is awesome.

Besides, I believe you can fit BFL's on the Pug?

ywen

Explorer
+1 the pug is more versatile because it's suited for a wider range of terrains. The moon is obviously superior when maximum flotation is the ultimate goal.

Gooseberry

Explorer
like them both and ya its a trail bike but I have a chance to pic it up at a good price. So you all feel the pug is better? Hmm I like it and its a good work out. LOL I rode my Jamis today after riding the pug for a couple weeks and it felt a bit touchy and the drift in those skinny 2.3's..

I was always wanting the moonlander and like how the frame is built over the pug.

zukrider

Explorer
Im Joe. just re-entered mountain bikes again. started 2007 with a used REI Novara Bonanza. Beat the living ******** out of that bike. lied to myself and thought i wanted a full suspension. so i got a 2009 closeout at the beginning of 2010, Giant Trance X2. god i loved that bike, but damn if it out rode me everytime! eventually sold it for car parts for a Samurai! **************!

Anyway, here we are now. just got my new bike from the Brown Santa today, had it ridable in 45 minutes! Airborne Guardian 29er. $599 plus shipping! Excited!

http://www.airbornebicycles.com/products/110-airborne-guardian-29er.aspx

DSCN1935.jpg

I plan for now to just get it on trails and build some fitness back up! in the meantime, i am going to start designing and making my own frame bags. would love to start doing some bikepacking. planning to repurpose an old tent i almost threw away. will be fun!

Gooseberry

Explorer
Ok I went with the pug and rode it around sugerloaf in big bear. It's now my main ride and love it on the rocks and trails that do get used. Both dogs are tired I'm eating dinner at Nottinghams and will drive back to the saddle on wildhorse and camp to ride another trail in the am unless I go fishing but that means I get up early

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
Hey All,
My name is Greg and I ride a 2010 Banshee Rune FS (6 and 6) custom and a 2007 Norco Shore (7.5 and 7) custom... Shore just went through a full rebuild and a fresh powder coat!

Just back from the rebuild.

20120505_145214.jpg

Rune

3daaf80d.jpg

(this pic makes the Rune look very small...it is a Large or 19")

EMrider

Explorer
I've just grown my personal fleet to three bikes.

Chumba XCL
Chumba VF2
Surly troll

5" trail bikes fit my riding needs best. Everything from the bike park to the bike path.

The latest addition is the Troll. Great design and a great value. I'm keeping the rigid fork and enjoying doing more fire road exploration rides. Pure simplicity, no maintenance, just grab and ride An overnighter or two is coming over the next year.

My kids "inherit" all of my MTBs and are now pretty competent riders. My 14 and 11 year olds were on my wheel all day at Mammoth bike park a couple weeks ago All dads out there know that this is a huge milestone!

R

phsycle

Adventurer
Ok I went with the pug and rode it around sugerloaf in big bear. It's now my main ride and love it on the rocks and trails that do get used. Both dogs are tired I'm eating dinner at Nottinghams and will drive back to the saddle on wildhorse and camp to ride another trail in the am unless I go fishing but that means I get up early

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sweet. If you do get tired of that Pug and start lusting after the Moonlander, let me know. I may be interested (if it's a medium).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78