Official thread - Maya Rally Registration Registration Details and Latest Updates

The Rover Shop

Explorer
Hey Christian.. Just a thought on raising some funds for the charities. Would it be feasible to get some companies to donate their products along the line of survival equipment and expedition stuff.. Eg. I just bought a fixed blade buck knife and thought it would be really cool to have one of say 20 limited edition engraved knives...or pocket knives.. Thinking along the lines of camel trophy stuff.. Buck knives may donate some and you could have an engraver engrave....or etched. Maybe a pewter tankard with the logo or date.. The birmabright brotherhood is a land rover group and he had some badges made up quite cheap and they look great..limited edition stuff makes it unique and I would definitely be in for buying some of the stuff.. Are shirts available also..maybe we could have a raffle at the end of the event or an auction of select engraved stuff with the proceeds going to charity... A group photo signed and framed by the teams....I know we don't want it turning into a circus but the more coverage it gets the more we can raise for charity or a ruins preservation society etc
Any thought on trying to get extra media coverage and make it a big affair by inviting some big adventure names.. Like the camel trophy guys.. Or even that tosser from one car too far..Wu.?? (The other guy is cool though)...Bear Grylls..?? .i heard the smoking tyre guys might be in???. Throw a bunch of invites out there and see what happens..maybe some of the county music stars who are into adventure travel etc.. Would be really cool to have a mini concert.. My wife is a bit of a local singer and we will be bringing her guitar and a didgeridoo with us.. May be cool to have a mini group band sorta thing.. I am sure we would have a couple of singers etc..maybe someone could come up with a song..

The Rover Shop

Explorer
We were thinking of having our own t-shirt made with our team number on it so that the team member and truck we are driving can be associated.. Maya rally logo and team number on the front and a pic of our truck on the back.. Do we have permission to use the logo on our own shirt...???

aka rover

Adventurer
Im in for T-shirts etc. It would be nice to get some MAYA stuff for the participants and raise some funds for charities.

We should makes this happen!

I think we still have the time to get some tshirts made and a call to ARBUSA and others to ask them to donate things that could be raffled off for charity

aka rover

Adventurer
I would be interested in helping out with the sponsership IE making some calls and doing some leg work to help out. I have gotten sponsership in the past for the outback challenge and rainforest challenge so I kinda know what to do and what the sponsers would like to see. I would just need permission from the higher ups to go forward in the contacting of the companies. We would need to offer to put decals on all the cars in the event to advertise for these companies who would be involved, and maybe hang there banners if they send them at start finish etc.

Cheers Ed

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
We were thinking of having our own t-shirt made with our team number on it so that the team member and truck we are driving can be associated.. Maya rally logo and team number on the front and a pic of our truck on the back.. Do we have permission to use the logo on our own shirt...???

yes go for it. Check the picture on the facebook page (www.facebook.com/mayarally) - Ross had done that already.

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
Regarding sponsorship and such - I am totally open to ideas and happy to work with you guys on this.

A couple things:

-We have officially 21 teams so far and I don't think I want to have more than 25, so that does not leave too much room for promoting the event on that level.

-this being the first edition of this unique adventure, there are still a lot of things that I think will be a bit more "experimental". Depending how things go, I would love to do it again next year, perhaps bigger and more developped.

-we are working with an extremely limited budget right now, I think we will just have enough to cover both party...I am getting some stickers made for each team, but if we want to have t-shirt, souvenirs, etc, I would need to count on you guys to develop that.

-Brian McVickers is working with some of our vendors to get some prizes/goodies for the participants but if you guys have close relationships with companies and want to approach them to develop something, I am totally open to explore that!

thank you!

aka rover

Adventurer
Christian

I think most teams would be more than happy to pay for T-shirts etc. so the money doesnt come out of the party money :beer:.

If I could get a list emailed to me of the vendors you guys are contacting so I don't double up on them that would be great, I am sure I can get the event some cool stuff as door prizes etc. I would need a ship to address to where you ant all the goodies to go to.

Cheers Ed

The Rover Shop

Explorer
Hey Ed... way to go stepping up to the plate there buddy... may I throw out some suggestions as to some vendors to hit up for the raffles and charity auction etc etc.. Contact brad at Maxtrax... he is a super guy and some of us are already carrying his products and i am sure he would donate some stuff..Warn may do some recovery kits.. Buck some etched knives..(I have a thing about knives..LOL..)..OK offroad may do some stuff also.. Atlantic british and Rovers North..princeton Tec do some great personal headlights.. (its gonna be dark when the world ends..LOL..)..I am "sponsored" by Kaiser diffs so i will contact my guy there to see if I can get at least a maya discount cards etc..maybe office depot would donate some school supply stuff for the charity and Muskoka foundation..???..I know its a bit of a stretch to ask Christian but in return for these peoples donations may it be possible to have their names displayed in an edition of Overland Journal..or maybe even a special edition run of Overland Journal Maya Rally edition..kinda like a STOP PRESS...the world didn't end kinda thing..I have some contacts of people I have gotten stickers made up from before and maybe I get get them to help, contribute etc..if you have an idea on a sticker i will throw it to him and see what can be done..Christian I am in the process of playing with a quadcopter that does aerial video, (check out the MOGFEST video from this year as an example.. not me..)..it will give some awesome shots of the ruins etc and vehicles in motion from above..have any of your video guys played with this sort of stuff...if not and you want to use my equipment I would be glad to send your guys the flight trainer simulator program to practice on so they can use the copter when I get down there..I think I have had too much coffee and i better sign off now...LOL...

The Rover Shop

Explorer
Okay... in regards to t-shirts.. if someone wants to get in touch with all the participants and get their sizes and a pic that they would want on the shirt,, in hi-res preferably and a way for me to get the shirt to them or they can pick them up at the start party I will donate and do the shirts.... I will post a pic of the ones that my wife has already done gor our camel... we are not professionals and she does this just for fun so its more of a novelty gag shirt kinda thing...I would say 2 shirts per team.??? maybe even one for buddy the german shepard...

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
One thing I would really need to find is someone to do video footage of the event.
We are extremely lucky as we will have a professional photographer as one of the team but video would be great too.

You can check some of his work here (beware some images are like 16+):

http://www.christianholzknecht.com/
http://rat-cal.com/

If we can gather good footage, including aerial, then we can send it all to Austin in the office to do a final montage. It would be awesome to get footage from different teams, going through different routes and activities, and put it all together!

The Rover Shop

Explorer
I will be doing video footage of alot of my trip, but I suck at editing....will have remote mount go-pro and Drift cameras also.... hey, maybe we could get go-pro or drift to donate or loan some cameras to all of the teams to get video of it..???.. they are big into the whole adventure kinda thing...

technichen

Observer
Hey guys I do editing for fun. I do the sponsorship videos fir Blackstar-racing.com I would be willing do the videos for us :) once we have all the video!!!

The Rover Shop

Explorer
Cool... I am sure you will probably have a decent on-board setup also..??should get some good off road footage from your cruiser..i don't hink youll be scared to go off-road..LOL..

The Rover Shop

Explorer
Hey Ed... everything coming along okay on your truck prep... you need any parts or anything..I'll ba happy to assist with anything you need.. need a birmabright badge or anything...LOL..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior