Official thread - Maya Rally Registration Registration Details and Latest Updates

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
technicien - cool, you are in charge of editing!

:wings:

I think we have at least one Go-Pro we can borrow from the shop. Do you have a hard drive you can bring so we can transfer the raw footage to you at the end of the Rally?

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
Yeah I sure do. I have a go pro and a contour cam. The more cameras we have out the better the video :)

great - we should perhaps even think of a general concept. Personally I am a bit tired of the whole "reality-drama" type of show or "look where I have been"...maybe we can come up with something a bit more funny/artsy?

technichen

Observer
I was thinking more of an off road/racing style. Lots of vid...music....some commentary....team intros....sites and sounds. I also wanted to get a parrot drone for this trip for aerial vid but my funds are spoken for :screwy:

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
I was thinking more of an off road/racing style. Lots of vid...music....some commentary....team intros....sites and sounds. I also wanted to get a parrot drone for this trip for aerial vid but my funds are spoken for :screwy:

do you have an example somewhere?

The Rover Shop

Explorer
I contacted a couple of businesses I have done business with recently and asked for some donations of gear.. Will need somewhere to send the stuff to.. Not sure how bringing stuff across the border might work with customs???? Would it be possible to get something from the muskoka stating that they are donations for a local charity??? . Would hate to go across the border with all of this new stuff only to find that an over-zealous border agent thinks we are selling stuff down there.. Hey Christian... Are we doing numbers on the sides of our cars.. Ala cannonball run like stuff.. Would bring a lot more attention to the event.. And we could see pics of dirty trucks and cars in all sorts of distant locations with the maya rally and the number underneath it..maybe a map of the USA on the website with the number of the vehicle where it is starting out from and their approximate route into the rally sites..I know you already have something like that on the video but I wasn't sure if it is just a mock up or actual..

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
I contacted a couple of businesses I have done business with recently and asked for some donations of gear.. Will need somewhere to send the stuff to.. Not sure how bringing stuff across the border might work with customs???? Would it be possible to get something from the muskoka stating that they are donations for a local charity??? . Would hate to go across the border with all of this new stuff only to find that an over-zealous border agent thinks we are selling stuff down there.. Hey Christian... Are we doing numbers on the sides of our cars.. Ala cannonball run like stuff.. Would bring a lot more attention to the event.. And we could see pics of dirty trucks and cars in all sorts of distant locations with the maya rally and the number underneath it..maybe a map of the USA on the website with the number of the vehicle where it is starting out from and their approximate route into the rally sites..I know you already have something like that on the video but I wasn't sure if it is just a mock up or actual..

S

it depends on what you get...best would be to distribute it to each team before they leave. Just have everything sent to our office in Prescott and we can redistribute it from there. The customs are pretty smooth when you drive in so unless you are carrying 25 laptops you should be fine....they are typically used to see Americans carrying way too much gear...

:)

Yes I am getting some stickers made with numbers on them - check my other posting this morning.

The Rover Shop

Explorer
Christian.. In the interests of doing the t-shirts easily we were thinking of some tan or grey colored ones with the maya rally logo on the front pocket side and then the door sticker logo on the back with the team number of the team truck in the number spot...making up a rough draft.. Will post a pick to see what everyone thinks..it will be our donation to the event..I am guessing there will be about 50 shirts plus the necessary screen printing etc..trying to get these done ASAP so if we could get a count of sizes wanted..

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
That's the video - I like it...but don't forget, this is not going to be a Baja type race....don't get too excited...

:)

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
Christian.. In the interests of doing the t-shirts easily we were thinking of some tan or grey colored ones with the maya rally logo on the front pocket side and then the door sticker logo on the back with the team number of the team truck in the number spot...making up a rough draft.. Will post a pick to see what everyone thinks..it will be our donation to the event..I am guessing there will be about 50 shirts plus the necessary screen printing etc..trying to get these done ASAP so if we could get a count of sizes wanted..

yes makes sense. we could offer a few extra for sale on the portal store for those who can't attend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior