Offroad-Adventure-Travel.com Suburban Build

Colorado Ron

Explorer
Thanks guys! I was starting to wonder if I goofed up somewhere. With only one response to my last post, I thought either all the real expedition guys are out of town, or I goofed, and nobody wants to give it to me straight.

:Mechanic:
Thanks for the positive responses!

Nullifier

Expedition Leader
I would consider making those quater panel plates removable. It will be a major pita to clean behind there should such an occasion present itself.

Colorado Ron

Explorer
Nullifier said:
I would consider making those quater panel plates removable. It will be a major pita to clean behind there should such an occasion present itself.

Thats a good idea. Ill keep that in mind! Thanks.

Guys feel free with any suggestions! This thing is still in the building stages so ideas are all appreciated!

Scott Brady

Founder
I am really enjoying this build. Family ExPo machine... Perfect for all of Latin America too, as parts for the GM products are plentiful.

Colorado Ron

Explorer
Thank you so much!! I was hoping to get the "Scott vehicle blessing of approval!":bowdown:

I know its no Pinzgauer, but hard to beat leather, a/c, diesel, 20+mpg, cruise, pw,pl, 700 mile range, and to be able to go all day with the cruise set at 85!(US only:shakin: )

Scott: anything you would add or change? Suggestions?

Scott Brady

Founder
Colorado Ron said:
Scott: anything you would add or change? Suggestions?

Other than the color, no.

I actually like every direction you have gone with it. (I would probably reduce the number of tubes on the front fenders, if I had to be picky).

The tires and other mods are all good for that truck, and it look "right" to me. All you need is an Eezi-Awn 2200 now, and some Pelican cases in the front on a light rack. Don't build a full length rack, as you wont need it. Just the roof tent and a few Pelicans in the front.

No roof lights either ;) (side facing and rear facing LED camp lights would be cool though).

Just two HID's on the bumper.

It will be perfect!

Colorado Ron

Explorer
OOPS!

I have 10 HIDs mounted on the nearly full length roof rack!

Crap! All good until my last addition!lol

As far as the color, I agree 100%! I just cant decide what would look right? Desert Tan I was thinking. Id paint the cage the same color.

Scott Brady

Founder
Colorado Ron said:
OOPS!

I have 10 HIDs mounted on the nearly full length roof rack!

Crap! All good until my last addition!lol

As far as the color, I agree 100%! I just cant decide what would look right? Desert Tan I was thinking. Id paint the cage the same color.

Oh, I am all good on the desert tan. Might make the military checkpoints a little more interesting though.

You are joking about the lights, right :confused:

:shakin:

Colorado Ron

Explorer
expeditionswest said:
You are joking about the lights, right :confused:

:shakin:

Ummm, no.

3 facing foward. Two on each side and 3 facing rear.

I have full 360 degree lighting for a mile!

I guess my thinking on that is I do alot of emergency weather rescue here in Denver. Im out pulling people out of thier stuck cars when the freeways close. We also get emergency employees to work--like the nurses and doctors.

And when that slow driver is in the hammer lane, I can give him a sun burn the the flip of a switch!LOL

Last edited:

Colorado Ron

Explorer
expeditionswest said:
Oh, I am all good on the desert tan. Might make the military checkpoints a little more interesting though.
:

Yea, thought about that. I think if they give me any crap, Ill just pull out one of the screaming 6 kids and see how long they can put up with it!LOL--teasing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger