Offroad Teardrop - SawTooth XL

indiedog

Adventurer
OMG You're gonna be using it!! Good to see man. You will get the hell annoyed out of you by 1000 sticky beaks. :sombrero:

Glad to see it's coming together for you. B.

Bullseye240

Adventurer
SawtoothChop.jpg

You have to duplicate this photochop when your "finshed" with the trailer.

stomperxj

Explorer
OMG You're gonna be using it!! Good to see man. You will get the hell annoyed out of you by 1000 sticky beaks. :sombrero:

Glad to see it's coming together for you. B.

Thanks Brad :)

You have to duplicate this photochop when your "finshed" with the trailer.

There is a pic down below that is close to it :)

The first trip is in the books :) Nicole and I thrashed Thursday night until almost 1 am trying to get the trailer done and then started packing...

Headed up to Twin Springs ID for a 2 ish day camp trip with Nicole, her 2 kids and my son. The trailer worked great. the trip was about 125 miles total with probably 45 of that on washboard and potholed gravel roads.

It sure was nice sleeping in the trailer. Here are some pics from the weekend. It rained the first night pretty good and i had no leaks!!

ipu9aLF.jpg

EK991mP.jpg

xCZrtoQ.jpg

J2uq1al.jpg

pQ7KMmz.jpg

YFS7vOI.jpg

OiI5USz.jpg

I still have to get batteries, mount lights, do some wiring, finish painting the inside, do the formica countertop, add stickers, buy a better mattress, build an inside shelf/storage area.... the list goes on but they are never really done are they? :)

More updates soon...

Jess

Last edited:

Hill Bill E.

Oath Keeper
Great to see it in use! Nice job on the build!

They are never 'done', but it's nice when they get to the 'usable' stage!:coffeedrink:

lowenbrau

Explorer
Thanks Brad :)

There is a pic down below that is close to it :)

Jess

It looks remarkably close in real life to the concept drawing but the real version is even better. A lot of these threads die with a few "any updates?" comments and I'm very glad to see yours through, if not to completion, at least to a maiden voyage. Congratulations! You have done an admirable job that I have really enjoyed following along.

How old are the kids? Surely you didn't have three kids and two adults in the trailer on the weekend, did you? I think we have had our last night with two kids and two adults in the RTT. I'm looking at a Kamparoo at the moment.

indiedog

Adventurer
Jess it certainly does look better in real life than in planning. Congratulations to you. :clapsmile:clapsmile:clapsmile

The story of "Sawtooth" has so far been similar to "Lord of the Rings" or other similar trilogies - there's been triumph and hardship and we've all been amazed by what we've seen, and you know it's going to end soon but don't really want it to. So I'm sure there'll be unanimous support from the gallery when I suggest you will have to keep posting pics of Sawtooth in action even after the final instalment is over.......

I'm all teary now......

stomperxj

Explorer
It looks remarkably close in real life to the concept drawing but the real version is even better. A lot of these threads die with a few "any updates?" comments and I'm very glad to see yours through, if not to completion, at least to a maiden voyage. Congratulations! You have done an admirable job that I have really enjoyed following along.

How old are the kids? Surely you didn't have three kids and two adults in the trailer on the weekend, did you? I think we have had our last night with two kids and two adults in the RTT. I'm looking at a Kamparoo at the moment.

Thanks Lowenbrau... Haha no the kids slept in a tent. Just Nicole and I in the trailer. They asked if they were going to get to sleep in it and i laughed a little bit :) I have a 13 y/o son and she has an 11 y/o daughter and 15 y/o son. It would be a little packed if we all tried to climb in there :)

Jess it certainly does look better in real life than in planning. Congratulations to you. :clapsmile:clapsmile:clapsmile

The story of "Sawtooth" has so far been similar to "Lord of the Rings" or other similar trilogies - there's been triumph and hardship and we've all been amazed by what we've seen, and you know it's going to end soon but don't really want it to. So I'm sure there'll be unanimous support from the gallery when I suggest you will have to keep posting pics of Sawtooth in action even after the final instalment is over.......

I'm all teary now......

hahaha :) thanks Brad. It has been a quest with a lot of ups and downs. I'll keep updating my thread with trips and other mods/additions for sure...

Thanks again to my online friends for all the support and encouragement. You all helped motivate me to get it done and i really appreciate that. Hopefully I'll get to meet up with some of you one day and share a beer over a campfire

Jess

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eclipse179