Offroad Teardrop - SawTooth XL

spressomon

Expedition Leader
It looks remarkably close in real life to the concept drawing but the real version is even better. A lot of these threads die with a few "any updates?" comments and I'm very glad to see yours through, if not to completion, at least to a maiden voyage. Congratulations! You have done an admirable job that I have really enjoyed following along.

How old are the kids? Surely you didn't have three kids and two adults in the trailer on the weekend, did you? I think we have had our last night with two kids and two adults in the RTT. I'm looking at a Kamparoo at the moment.

You will like the 'Roo!

stomperxj

Explorer
Hey guys - Ive been "out bush" as Brad says :) the last few weekends so no updates. one more trip next weekend and then I'm going to get back after it. Batteries, finish painting, lights, and i have a sheet of formica waiting to be put in the galley area.

Updates in a couple weeks!

Jess

aires35

Adventurer
Jess... you... are... my... HERO!!! Awesome work on the trailer, and more importantly thanks for putting it up here for all of us to see as well.

stomperxj

Explorer
Pictures or it never happened...

I seriously laughed when I read that :)

sm-00001-2.jpg

sm-00002.jpg

Titanpat57

Expedition Leader
I know you're workin' hard Jess..but I have a responsibility to everyone else here too.......lol :ylsmoke:

As usual you're a hard act to follow..thanks for putting up the Sawtooth hard at play!!

Pat

p.s. I can't tell you how nice it is to see you enjoying it after all you had to get through!

indiedog

Adventurer
Ah Jess, I think you need a clothes line. Maybe one of those pull out jobs that you can fix to the side wall. :)

wrigh003

I'm pretty new around this board, but it looks like I joined at the right time to see this all the way through. I just killed over an hour reading, and it was time well spent.

Congrats on having a vision, seeing it through, and a really, really cool trailer.

Best of luck with the finishing steps- for me, those are the hardest, but I'm looking forward to more updates, and I'll definitely be checking back in.

Great trailer, great thread.

stomperxj

Explorer
I know you're workin' hard Jess..but I have a responsibility to everyone else here too.......lol :ylsmoke:

As usual you're a hard act to follow..thanks for putting up the Sawtooth hard at play!!

Pat

p.s. I can't tell you how nice it is to see you enjoying it after all you had to get through!

Thanks Pat :) Its been a long road but I kept the prize in sight the whole time. Your new trailer is lookin good too. I checked your IH8MUD thread the other day. Definitely bullet proof ;)

Ah Jess, I think you need a clothes line. Maybe one of those pull out jobs that you can fix to the side wall. :)

Yeah Nicole didnt want me to post that picture because her bra was on top of the trailer :) I do need to rig something up to dry wet stuff though... I'll have to think about that one.

I'm pretty new around this board, but it looks like I joined at the right time to see this all the way through. I just killed over an hour reading, and it was time well spent.

Congrats on having a vision, seeing it through, and a really, really cool trailer.

Best of luck with the finishing steps- for me, those are the hardest, but I'm looking forward to more updates, and I'll definitely be checking back in.

Great trailer, great thread.

Thanks for the compliments :) ... There will be more updates in a couple weeks hopefully

We spent another weekend out bush at Deadwood Reservoir. It was a good weekend. I hit about 60+ miles of rough washboard roads with the setup and the trailer sailed over it all without a problem. I'm really glad i put shocks on it. That seems to really help smooth things out...

I'll have pics up this week Pat! :)

Stay Tuned

Jess
:victory:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eclipse179