OldSven's 2013 Tacoma

OldSven

Explorer
Had a few little updates to add. Installed a factory roof rack, and color matched the front grill and blacked out the emblem. Still back and forth with bumpers, but looking at running a set of SCS F-5 rims in Matte Black.

voodoojk

Adventurer
I considered this hidden winch setup prior to my front end collision. Now that I need a new bumper.. I will go with ARB.

image.jpg

OldSven

Explorer
Finally got some wheels for the truck. I ended up going with a set of the new "Konig Counteer X" in a 16x8 4.5bs and they are awesome. They only weight in at 18.5lbs so between the spacers and stock wheels I shed about 6lbs per wheel. The guys at FN Wheels are great to work with, did a double order with Richard the guy who bought my old 4Runner and had all 8 wheels to the house in a few days.

TheSurvivalist

Truck looks great. Thanks for posting pics. I got the same truck in the same color and was wondering what those wheels would look like.

OldSven

Explorer
Haven't posted up here lately but also haven't done much to the truck until now. Added a SnugTop Rebel canopy with side vented windoors, and also a set of Camburg ball joint UCA's. The canopy is awesome, got all of the options I could ever want because there is no going back on this one. Side vented windoors, keyless rear window, drop down front slider, and Yakima rails on the roof. The UCA's are do to the fact that the Icons are cranked just a tad high and cant get the alignment in spec. I opted to go with the new ball joint version and got them from Wheelers who installed new MOOG ball joints. They are quieter and less maintenance since I am mainly daily driving the truck.

I just added a Rebel this spring. I love it! I didn't get the front flip down window but the windoors are awesome! Your truck is looking great!

OldSven

Explorer
Thanks. Getting use to having a canopy on there but the extra weight sure helped add some comfort to the Dakars.

Dances with Wolves

aka jk240sx
Great build. I have the same truck, same color too. I'm going in the same direction, full time DD, part time get away rig. What brand are your mud flaps? I took the stockers off because they are too long. I want to put something back on before the snow falls. I was looking at the Husky Liners. Thanks!

cam-shaft

Bluebird days
Nice choice on canopy, can't go wrong with snug top. Canopy was my very first thing after buying my vehicle, for me and the NW weather and a family it really makes a tacoma or any truck very versatile.
Cam-shaft.

soonenough

Explorer
Truck looks great...of all the mods I've done to my truck, the canopy is probably the single most useful one. For traveling and DD life, especially with a family, it's become indispensable. You definitely made the right choice taking the 'buy once, cry once' approach. I know that wasn't a cheap canopy purchase, especially from a top of the line brand like SnugTop, but you'll be glad you did long term. I made the mistake of buying a used one cheap, had to paint it, and still want to swap out the vented sliders for windoors...by the time it's all said and done, I should've just bought one new the way I wanted.

OldSven

Explorer
Great build. I have the same truck, same color too. I'm going in the same direction, full time DD, part time get away rig. What brand are your mud flaps? I took the stockers off because they are too long. I want to put something back on before the snow falls. I was looking at the Husky Liners. Thanks!

They are the stock ones, i just trimmed them shorter for the same reason.

OldSven

Explorer
No it wasn't cheap :smilies27 but so far well worth it. The side windoors are awesome, plus the vented portion was so that I could take the dog back there. The canopy does cover both of the side rails enough that I'm not able to use them for mounting my stuff anymore so I will have to come up with another method back there hopefully without having to drill the bedsides. Got the alignment yesterday and it is all back in spec, drives 10x better now that the tires are flat on the ground.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle