On board air options

ABBB

Is anyone running a system other than ARB on their 200 series?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smbisig

Adventurer
Full disclaimer, I worked for ARB for 17 years and now for the parent company that sells ARB. But I fully believe in most of the ARB product line and run the product on three of my Jeep.

That being said, for LC owners, our overland site has all ARB 15% off until July https://trailrecon.com/arb.html

What do you mean by an onboard air system? A hard mounted 12 volt compressor? Engine driven compressor? A fancy four tire air system?

What are you intending to use the "onboard air system" for? Airing up tires? How large of tires? Running air tools?
Also, how often do you expect to use this air system?

Tex68w

Beach Bum
My ARB dual compressor has been in the 200 for nearly three years now and it was in our GX460 for two years prior to that and it spent a year and half in our 4Runner before the GX. They are extremely reliable, repairable, factory supported and honestly the best option on the market.

Qgek7t9.jpg

4PoHE4p.jpg

lTNOUiP.jpg

e6kzlHy.jpg

ABBB

My ARB dual compressor has been in the 200 for nearly three years now and it was in our GX460 for two years prior to that and it spent a year and half in our 4Runner before the GX. They are extremely reliable, repairable, factory supported and honestly the best option on the market.

Qgek7t9.jpg

4PoHE4p.jpg

lTNOUiP.jpg

e6kzlHy.jpg

Did you get the package from Slee with the compressor, bracket, etc bits and bobs?

Tex68w

Beach Bum
I bought the bracket from Slee, but a few others offer one as well. The compressor itself was bought way back in 2017 on eBay, it was the cheapest place. Added the manifold a few years later, they are nice even if you don't plan to add air lockers because they extend the distance from compressor to hose which allows for slightly cooler air at the chuck. I blew a ARB hose from heat back when I had the chuck coming straight off of the compressor. The chuck pacifier is from Witsend, it's far better than the rubber cover ARB offers.

Last edited:

Alloy

I just replaced the dual Viar 400C compressors I installed in 2017 and bought 2 more dual ($265.00US Amazon in January) 400C. I estimate the 2017 compressors have around 400hrs running at 100-110psi.

What pisses me off is Viair only sells compete piston and head assemblies (no oring/reed valve/bearing sets) which if you can buy a new compressor for $132.50 it doen't make sense rebuilding.

spot

I just installed a vevor in my truck. It appears to be a exact copy of the arb single. I couldn’t pass it up for 120 shipped. It airs up a 35 from 15 to 36 psi in 3 mins. Time will tell if it holds up. But again for 120 shipped it’s worth it to me as an experiment.

rlynch356

Defyota
I am putting in an ARB dual on a slee mount - but you could use something like and extreme air or Viair on the Slee Accessory mount for the passenger side.
there are plenty of options for placing them if you get creative, but most of the mounts are made for the ARB..

ARB uses MAP pricing so it will be the same relatively speaking everywhere. you may find some % off at certain stores that are offering some generic discount on everything.

ABBB

I am putting in an ARB dual on a slee mount - but you could use something like and extreme air or Viair on the Slee Accessory mount for the passenger side.
there are plenty of options for placing them if you get creative, but most of the mounts are made for the ARB..

ARB uses MAP pricing so it will be the same relatively speaking everywhere. you may find some % off at certain stores that are offering some generic discount on everything.

Are you planning to add the manifold?

smbisig

Adventurer
Are you planning to add the manifold?

Using a manifold of some sort is always recommended with the twin compressor. The compressor can build up a lot of heat during tire inflation, especially in warmer climates, and melt tire inflation hoses if the air chuck is mounted directly to the compressor.

Unfortunately, the box for the compressor and some old marketing images out there show the air chucks mounted directly to the compressor. This is incorrect.

toddz69

Explorer
Using a manifold of some sort is always recommended with the twin compressor. The compressor can build up a lot of heat during tire inflation, especially in warmer climates, and melt tire inflation hoses if the air chuck is mounted directly to the compressor.

Unfortunately, the box for the compressor and some old marketing images out there show the air chucks mounted directly to the compressor. This is incorrect.
Thanks - that's good information to know. I was planning to just plug mine into the compressor when I finally get around to installing it....

Todd Z.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior