Optima Batteries SEMA 2015 Build

GNTY

Adventurer
Not sure if this is the right place to ask this but being the thread for this build i thought it to be the best place. I know that these are the BMF/SOTA OFFROAD DRT wheels, but what is the offset? When i look them up it only lists +6 for the 8 x 170 and these look to be pretty close to flush with the fender flares so I'd be quite surprised if these were the +6. Also did you guy powder coat these wheels the grey?

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
They were painted, not 100% sure of the specs, I think they only come one way in this size. He did add some 1/2" front spacers to widen the trac.

Last edited:

GNTY

Adventurer
They were painted, not 109% sure of the specs, I think they only come one way in this size. He did add some 1/2" front spacers to widen the trac.

Thanks Chris, that's to bad, I really like a couple of their wheels but want want the right stance, which is likely -12, Looks like the search continues.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Kidding! It belongs to the head of marketing @ Optima. It will be used as a mobile office/command center for their Ultimate Street Car challenge and whatever else he wants to do!
See if you can talk them into loaning it to Jim McIlvaine so he can take it around to events ---- I'd love to see it up close.

Great work Chris and Mike. It's a real dream machine...

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Oooh yeah, UJOR and MG Metalworks rocked it!!!
Big congrats to Cam for such an epic rig. :smiley_drive:
PS--who's the hard working hired staff at -3:49? :cool:

brianjwilson

Some sort of lost...
Work continues on the floor covering effort. I only had enough Dynapad to go up the firewall a little and then the driver/passenger foot wells. Dynaliner from there to the point where the front carpet meets my rear floor trim. Sometime in the next day or two we'll be putting the rear flooring in for the final time and then I can start on placing the cabinets. Some pics of the progress...

You were right, the dynapad stuff feels awesome. I ordered a roll of dynapad and dynaliner. The dynaliner was $30 less but probably half the weight? I didn't even open the box, I sent in for a return and ordered a second roll of dynapad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior