Ordered a 2014 Rubicon Unlimited!

sonofmdlbldr

Adventurer
Very Excited! Just ordered it last week. With the holidays I'm expecting 7 to 9 weeks delivery time. Very much looking forward to it.

Billet
Auto
4.10 Gear Ratio
Heated Seats (the wife wanted that...whatever gets her out there :coffeedrink:)
GPS, Sat Radio Etc.

Used to run the WK...looking forward to getting something with much more off road capability.

www.thedesertfiles.com

3807238900_0388e99ace.jpg

jeepgc

Adventurer
Congratulations on the new Jeep!

Nice pics of your WK, while you're waiting, how about posting a few more up? :)

HeliNomad

Adventurer
Congrats man. You are getting the best JK ever made. Here is a list of things that you are likely going to need to do if you are going with AEV 3.5 or equivalent lift from stock.

-relocate the evap tray next to the rear drive shaft or you will tear the rear boot
-install a new front drive shaft, 1310, don't do the exhaust extenders, that's ghetto.
-trim or grind down those little nubs on the front of the frame that rub the front sway bars, also check that the sway bar boots don't impact the shock tower or any plastic parts.
-trim the back of the stock rubicon sliders
-don't off road with the sway bars connected

The above information is something I wish I had done the moment I got the truck and not had to find out the hard way. Good luck and congrats!

rino

Supporting Sponsor - OK4WD
Congrats from a fellow '14 JKUR owner! Let us at OK4WD know if you need any advice with your new JK. We specialize in Jeeps and closely with the overland community

naked

Congratulations! I ordered mine back in August and got it towards the end of November. I'll be starting a thread about it soon. Although the wait was beyond frustrating (they messed something up on mine during the painting stage, and had to build another one.. which meant I went to the back of the line).. the wait is well worth it. Hang in there!

sonofmdlbldr

Adventurer
holy crap Joe, you got married???!!! Congrat's on the new Jeep. I enjoyed the slide show of the old one. Too many pics of my old rig in it!
http://vimeo.com/41471718

I did!

This is Jess...we got married last summer. Met her through one of my friends who off-roads out in the desert. Living out in Burbank now. Really looking forward to the new rig...loved the old one but it too many limitations.

jess and joe.jpg

sonofmdlbldr

Adventurer
Indeed she does. We go up to Big Sur every few months to camp out. She has been saying she wants a camping shower when we head out the desert again. Good excuses for buying more gear. :hehe:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998