Ouachita National Forest - April 6-8

2500Adventures

Adventurer
I'll have to ask my friend if he'll be up for it. I'm game though, we'll have to play it by ear and see...

John, Daniel what you think?

jg45

It would be hard for me to leave town before 7 PM and with a 6 hour drive time, that would put is in around 1AM.

hattrik21

Adventurer
Leaving Friday morning would work better for me as I have to take my dogs out to my parents house and then pack.

I wouldn't be ready to go till like 9 if we tried to go Thursday night.

Wanderlusty

Explorer
jg45 said:
It would be hard for me to leave town before 7 PM and with a 6 hour drive time, that would put is in around 1AM.

If you headed to Conway for the night, leaving at 7, you could be to Conway by 9 or 10 at the latest, then an earlier start in the morning. It will still be 3-4 hours from Conway to Broken Bow.

Let me know if you are interested in coming this far at least.

jg45

Thanks for the offer. I am udecided right now about going. If I could stay through Sunday I would be for sure, but only being able to stay through Saturday is putting doubt in the plan. I am not ruling it out yet, and that would be great to be able to get down there earlier on Friday. SO, if I go I may take you up on that offer.

2500Adventures

Adventurer
Fat_Man said:
If you headed to Conway for the night, leaving at 7, you could be to Conway by 9 or 10 at the latest, then an earlier start in the morning. It will still be 3-4 hours from Conway to Broken Bow.

Let me know if you are interested in coming this far at least.

I'm really interested in doing this Fat Man...I'll have to ask my friend to see if it's doable for him though...I'll let you know tomorrow what the skinny is...

tdesanto

Expedition Leader
Well, it sounds like the Memphis guys might get an earlier start on Friday if they stay in Conway Thursday night.

If that's the case, then Daniel, maybe we could get an earlier start on Friday morning and meet them?

John, Scott, Fat_Man (are you still thinking about joining up on Friday?), just let us know what the plan is. I think we have some flexibility on our end (at least for Friday morning).

Cheers :coffeedrink: ,

TD

hattrik21

Adventurer
Yeah early is good with me. The sooner we get there, the more time we have to setup and then go have some fun.

2500Adventures

Adventurer
Agreed for sure, i'm gunna try and do the thursday night travel to Conway and then drive too Broken Bow...still waiting to hear back from my friend whose riding with me though...

EDIT:
My friend just called me back oddly enough and said that he is a go for Thursday night to Conway. We would be leaving Memphis probably around 6pm.

Last edited:

Wanderlusty

Explorer
Cool. Yea, I am still a go, especially with the Memphis guys getting an earlier start.

I was shaky there from a bit when it was looking like folks might be so late even getting to Broken Bow.

As it stands, with the Memphis guys coming to Conway, I think getting to BB by lunchtime should be pretty do-able.

So what is the total count for who plans on staying here Thursday? I see 2, is that the total?

I will go grab the twin mattresses from my friends house. That should be better than offering just floor.

2500Adventures

Adventurer
We'll wait to see if John can make it, if he does then there would be 3 of us and 2 rigs...if he can't make it then there will be 2 persons and 1 rig...

jg45

I'm not going to be able to make it this time. Sure wish I could though. Someone please take pictures and do a write up. Scott, if you are still thinking of a repeat next month, I should be able to make it then.

2500Adventures

Adventurer
I'm defintely thinking about it..but then i got to thinking about Tellico, I have a friend that lives in Chattanooga that has invited me out over Memorial Day weekend...lull that over your head for a bit and get back to me John..until then though we can always check out Natchez Parkway and such...

Wanderlusty

Explorer
So headcount for thursday night is two? Accomodations coming right up! I will pm you contact info and directions sometime today or tomorrow at latest.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle