Overland Campers for FG 4x4 and 4x2 Available now in USA, Australia and export

Rooivalk

Hi everyone, newbie here.
I for one would love to find out about jeffrey's truck, I need a new truck and was thinking about a Fuso , it seems to offer so much more than just the ordinary Chev or Dodge, I already have a good camper, Need to know about his Deck

Roy

RKOPLAN

If they made the dinnet into an L shape, it would sit 2-3 the could put the refrigerator in the corner opening up where it's currently located for a door.

cactusgeorge

someone mentioned the All Terrrain Warrior/Sportsmobile entry in an earlier post. does anyone have any new details, besides that it will be on the Fuso 4x4 and look like the All Terrain Warrior Scout, and will cost the same as EC camper? I understand it will be on display in Flagstaff this May..

dlh62c

Explorer
someone mentioned the All Terrrain Warrior/Sportsmobile entry in an earlier post. does anyone have any new details, besides that it will be on the Fuso 4x4 and look like the All Terrain Warrior Scout, and will cost the same as EC camper? I understand it will be on display in Flagstaff this May..

Hopefully some details will be forthcoming. The new name for the vehicle was just announced. Hopefully some pictures will soon follow.

I sent you a PM.

daryl

cactusgeorge

ATW/SMB fuso

Thanks Daryl, I responded to your PM. I have been all over hyper space trying to find the selected winning name (or pictures of the unit) but the secrecy of it all reminds me of the introduction of the Edsel by Ford. (yep, Im that old).
From the limited research I have done on the 2013 FG4x4, it appears it still has Drum brakes. Does anyone know why all the other models have disc brakes but not the FG4x4?

EarthCruiser

Adventurer
G`day All
Just to be clear.
EarthCruiser Expedition Vehicle USA, model pictured in Bend Or doing freeze testing (-17c) before delivery.
OutBack Campers (100% built in Bend Or for US demand and export)
DSC_0034.jpg16_Outback images.JPG

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo
Thanks Daryl, From the limited research I have done on the 2013 FG4x4, it appears it still has Drum brakes. Does anyone know why all the other models have disc brakes but not the FG4x4??

No personal knowledge but from a posting here on the Expo Portal, the FGs are heavily used in mining (at least Down-under) and the disk brakes do not hold up well to the mining dust/slurry . According to that post, there is a 'protected' disc brake kit that is in the $25,000 (brakes and controller) range.

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/62219-Experience-With-Preparing-ISUZU-NPS-Camper-Brakes?

cactusgeorge

I believe the EC "box" that Twinsticks refers to is the Blue Dog (?) that is indeed available from the Oregan folks. Not only does it have expandable sides, but it rides 24" above the height of the fuso cab (think tree branches).
The ATW "box" is being imported by the Fresno folks and will be more ATW Scout looking (as I am led to believe) and is a totally new design and should be on display in all its glory at the OEXPO in Flagstaff in May.

EarthCruiser

Adventurer
Folks, let me jump in to clear up what might be a little model confusion.
EarthCruiser Expedition Vehicles (EOV) build a range of products in facilities in Australia and the United States.
We do not sell "a box" for EarthCruiser Expedition Vehicles (EXP`s). They are sold only in 4x4 as finished expedition ready units on the Fuso,Isuzu and now Iveco chassis in left and right hand drive. Depending on country formats are , SWB , LWB and dual cab for up to five people. All EXP`s fit with out modification into Hi cube containers, there are a significant number travelling the world now and have done for number of years.
There is also a range of commercial applications.
The OutBack is available as a fixed or double slide camper fixed roof camper, Fuso and Isuzu 4x4 or 4x2. OutBack campers share the same EarthCruiser Kinetic mounting system, but a very different build process. We do have the OutBack "box" available in Australia as a DIY, not available in the USA just yet but soon.

Cheers

Lance

EarthCruiser

Adventurer
OutBack 4x4 well looking good on the stand in Hershy PA RV SHOW ( the biggest i the land they say) . It was great fun driving over from Bend Or.

LHD_EXP-1 copy.JPGphoto.JPG

familyvan

Adventurer
Looks Like a great rig, How did the truck handle the mountain passes? Or any steep grade for that matter. Once out of the mountain how was it cruising down the highway. Could you maintain 65mph?
Thanks in advance

EarthCruiser

Adventurer
G`day
65 mph on the free way no problem. Six speed auto is a gem on the down hill sections with the exhaust brake there as well. Used 5 th gear once up over the pass from Utah. The auto would want to change down quicker than i would, so i used manual mode.

Cheers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle