Overland Expo: North America's First Overland Exposition

teotwaki

Excelsior!
That is funny since I went for my first fitting today for my "new" left leg....
So I can make a great deal on a "slightly used" lower left leg...
carbon fiber competition model Expo Trophy winner
low miles mostly hiway with some offroad
custom touches
test walks aval on request
shipping aval
ok I am laughing too much to keep typing :)

If you put that in the For Sale area I'm not sure what section! Forum rules require a price too :ylsmoke: Wait, get a Pelican case with custom foam and carry it as a Trail Spare as listed in the LDEG (Leg Dependent Expedition Guide). :elkgrin:

DesertRose

Safari Chick & Supporting Sponsor
We might be able to have a small group fire or two but let me check first - don't want the fire marshals to show up!

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
I have a propane powered fire pit, please find out if that would be allowed vs wood.
thanks

Blackeye

Adventurer, Overland Certified OC0008
We've got a Pit-2-Go http://www.pit2go.com/ which is a self-contained fire box. It is legal to use where ground fires are prohibited. We were hoping to bring and use it. It leaves no trace.

I'd like to know if it would be acceptable.

Rexsname

Explorer
Will the exhibitors also be vendors? That is, will there be folks bringing cool stuff to sell there on-site?

REX

Rexsname

Explorer
Would any vendors care to provide any hints as to what we might expect to peruse? Perhaps in the $50 to $100 range???

REX

xcmountain80

Expedition Leader
So are there any shirts for this event I'll need to buy 2 as I won't be able to make it.MY wife's b-day falls on the same date and her idea of a celebration is not a expo expo. Huh poor me.

Aaron

PJPR01

Adventurer
New member here - longtime reader of Expo Portal and subscriber to OJ since issue 1. Anyway, I'm really looking forward to the OJ Expo in April and am pleased to say that we may have at least 2 if not more members of the Houston Land Rover club coming along as well.

Last edited:

nwoods

Expedition Leader
If we go we'll be doing the day pass thing. There's no way we can commit to anything that far out right now... and with the economy the way it is.. we'll have to pass on the whole package for now too.

I'm in the same boat. I think we are going to make it out there, but can't swing the full deal this year. I'm looking forward to the displays and meeting the people though. Should be an awesome event.

For those that are day pass only, we could easily have our own evening event on Saturday night. I haven't looked into the camping situation yet, but I assume there is a place where we can all camp and mingle around a campfire?

Rexsname

Explorer
YES!! This is exactly what I have been hoping would happen. My 'secret spot' is not at all far from the Fairgrounds and I can't wait to meet up with my "e-friends" from ExPo.

REX

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior