Overland Expo: North America's First Overland Exposition

jcbrandon

Explorer
Que paso?

Roseann-

What's the latest? Lance and I are trying to plan a whiskey-and-cigar gathering, but we don't know what to plan around :)

(Note to self: PM Lance before making public statements regarding whiskey and cigars. Especially important before beginning whiskey and cigar evening at home with snow on ground.)

Last edited:

DesertRose

Safari Chick & Supporting Sponsor
We've got the schedule almost done and a registrants update is going out this weekend.

I didn't read the part about XXXX and cigars, though. Nope. Didn't read it. (Liquor licensing at the fairgrounds means whatever you guys do at your camps is unknown to the legally responsible organizer . . . )
:beer:

Meanwhile check out the updates on the website www.ovexpo.com and the exhibitor list -- it's going to be the Who's Who and What's Hot expo of the year for us overlanders! More exhibitors pending.

I also didn't raise the rates yet because last weekend I had the settings wrong on the server and instead of clicking up the rates 10% it shut down registration, so I'm giving people some extra time - before I do the evil deed!

Roseann-

What's the latest? Lance and I are trying to plan a XXXX-and-cigar gathering, but we don't know what to plan around :)

(Note to self: PM Lance before making public statements regarding XXXXX and cigars. Especially important before beginning XXXX and cigar evening at home with snow on ground.)

jcbrandon

Explorer
...I didn't read the part about XXXX and cigars, though. Nope. Didn't read it. (Liquor licensing at the fairgrounds means whatever you guys do at your camps is unknown to the legally responsible organizer . . . )

Darn that spellcheck. I'm pretty sure I typed "milk and cookies."

DesertRose

I'm THIS close to registering, and selecting the Overland Experience package. A couple of questions first though...

Since it would be myself and my almost 12 year-old son attending, I would select the Overland Experience single package with no charge for my son, correct?

Also, I read that children will not be allowed to go to any of the classes but daycare will be provided. So, basically, my son will only be allowed to attend the Family Overlanding seminar and not any of the field classes or other seminars?

p.s. this is my first post!

Hi there,

Welcome to the Portal!

Your son would be free, yes, so you just register for the Single Package. And at 12, I think he could come to most of the classes except, for safety reasons, the driving ones and recovery / technical ones. He'd be welcome to be in the seminars and talks. My main concern for all kids under 15 is safety in the driving area; and for younger kids, the concern is that they disrupt the classes.

Feel free to call if you have any more questions - the contact information is on the OvExpo site.

Thanks and I hope you both come - there are numerous other families coming, and so it should be great fun.

Last edited:

kb7our

Explorer
Possible Swap Meet During Expo?

Not sure if this is even something that could work or if people are interested but I'll bring it up just to see what kind of response unfolds. Hope I didn't miss a similar question and response already within this thread.

With so many Expo participants gathering at this single event it seems likely that some may have smaller items they want to sell/swap or purchase related to the overall theme of the event and could therefore bring with them on the trip (i.e. fuel cans, load bars, camping gear, GPS, laptop, etc.). This seems like an excellent opportunity for an Expo participant's garage sale of sorts if there is any time in the calendar to accomodate such an event. Just something to consider - maybe it's just not possible or too crazy an idea but then again maybe it could fill a need.

Wade

Last edited:

DesertRose

With so many Expo participants gathering at this single event it seems likely that some may have smaller items they want to sell/swap or purchase related to the overall theme of the event and could therefore bring with them on the trip (i.e. fuel cans, load bars, camping gear, GPS, laptop, etc.).

I'm afraid we won't be organizing a swap meet at the event - it's already so packed with activities and wonderful exhibitors - 45 and counting! - that people won't have any extra time at all, I guarantee you (I've seen the schedules they are turning in - some won't even be sleeping, apparently).

So much to do, so little time, I know.

cowboy4x4

Explorer
Does anybody know if any of the vendors that will be here will be carrying the PIT2GO portable fire pit ? I would like to purchase one and will wait for the Expo if someone is going to be selling them....... Thomas

roamingaz

Explorer
Not sure if this is even something that could work or if people are interested but I'll bring it up just to see what kind of response unfolds. Hope I didn't miss a similar question and response already within this thread.

With so many Expo participants gathering at this single event it seems likely that some may have smaller items they want to sell/swap or purchase related to the overall theme of the event and could therefore bring with them on the trip (i.e. fuel cans, load bars, camping gear, GPS, laptop, etc.). This seems like an excellent opportunity for an Expo participant's garage sale of sorts if there is any time in the calendar to accomodate such an event. Just something to consider - maybe it's just not possible or too crazy an idea but then again maybe it could fill a need.

Wade

I was thinking the same thing, I know we all have misc. stuff that we dont use and what better place to gear swap!

Rexsname

Explorer
I will have a couple of items for sale with me. I wouldn't mind seeing what others have to sell/trade.....

REX

DesertRose

I was thinking the same thing, I know we all have misc. stuff that we dont use and what better place to gear swap!

Hi guys - there won't be a swap meet at the Overland Expo - it's just not set up that way, I'm afraid - but I'm sure you could arrange something at your own camps. That would be fun.

DesertRose

Does anybody know if any of the vendors that will be here will be carrying the PIT2GO portable fire pit ? I would like to purchase one and will wait for the Expo if someone is going to be selling them....... Thomas

Hopefully some of the vendors will see this and respond!

WFTW

Adventurer
I'm camping just outside Amarillo, TX tonight and will be in Arizona tomorrow (not sure exactly where I'll stay tomorrow night yet...depends on how much driving I feel like doing).

Anyhow, I'm looking forward to getting the chance to meet with everyone and to showcase the WFTW Jeep and trailer as well as spread the word about the WFTW program.

Safe travels for all who are attending and I'll see you there!
Jason

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online