Overland Expo: Prescott, April 24-26

discotdi

Adventurer
nice photos. I too wish they would do an East coast edition. It seems pretty obvious that most of the attendees were from the West, so seems like an opportunity.

Pskhaat

2005 Expedition Trophy Champion
In the same regard, what kind of rack is on this 80?

2009-04-26-G10-1944-800.jpg

durango_60

Explorer
Yes, mine is (I have a Hannibal rack mounted to Thule load bars and pylons)

I wouldn't be worried about the Thule rack, it's the flimsy JK roof that it appears to be bolted directly into. I sure hope there is some internal support that ties the rack into the roll bar, but my guess is that it is just a show rig.

Offtrack

Offtrack Traveler
Wow, Super turn out. Wish I could have come.
Great work everyone that was involved!!!
Thanks for the Photos!!!

The Swiss

Expedition Leader
I wouldn't be worried about the Thule rack, it's the flimsy JK roof that it appears to be bolted directly into. I sure hope there is some internal support that ties the rack into the roll bar, but my guess is that it is just a show rig.
Exactly my point. In my opinion, a show rig should show what can be done, not just look good; for some reason it's called "show rig" and not "look rig" ;)

Scott Brady

Founder
Thanks so much to all who attended. It was a wonderful event for Overland Journal, Expeditions West and Overland Training.

What I enjoyed most was meeting many of you in person, and seeing the common goals we all share. This is all the start of something big :D

Great job to Roseann and Graham and all of the volunteers and trainers.

bigreen505

Expedition Leader
In case anyone missed it, Overland Expo Day 3 coverage, and interviews. We spoke with Roseann Hanson, director of Overland Expo and owner of ConserVentures; Marc Wassmann of XP Camper; Graham Jackson, director of Overland Training, guides drivers through an off-road obstacle course designed to simulate frequently encountered expedition driving conditions.

xpdishn

Adventurer
I've got to say that the Expo was everything and more for which it was advertised. Had a great time and my only regret is that I couldn't attend everything in the 3 days. The seminars and presentations I attended were fantastic. As a complete noob on world overland travel and wanting to learn more, this was the place to be. No where else could one acquire this information.

THANKS, Roseanne, and everyone from the Journal, Experience and Training. What a great time.

Connie

Day walker, Overland Certified OC0013
Just thought I'd put in a quick note about what the staff from the facility said about us after everyone else had left:

They all kept exclaiming over and over, how clean the place was when we left, they just couldn't believe that all they had to do was empty the trash barrels.

The food vendors downstairs commented on how polite and patient everyone was and how much they enjoyed just getting to chat with people (apparently this is not the norm)

And many, many thanks go out to Thilo in his Unimog for returning the "infield" to its original state from our driving course.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998