Overland Journal: Discovery I, 5-speed

Scott Brady

Founder
Update:
13558896_10155005209058275_2334158315185840954_o.jpg

After nearly 10 years of ownership, I decided to sell the Discovery. I greatly enjoyed the vehicle, but it had been relegated to display in our offices and with the addition of a Defender 110 to the fleet, I rarely drove the DI. On a whim, I listed it to my friends on Facebook. It sold in 18 hours. . . $16,000

Thanks to all who followed along with the project through the years.

I think this is my favorite image of the Discovery, taken from the edge of a Maar Crater in Sonora Mexico, having just crossed hundreds of miles of dunes in the Altar Desert. A special vehicle for sure. . .
13584914_10155016805203275_113092337805602985_o.jpg

Exploder
Not really. Clean, well-sorted D1's can get into five figures. This one also had the Brady patina :sombrero:

A.J.M

Explorer
$16k!

Jesus wept!
Clean or not, that's a mental price for a Disco. Can understand why you sold it if that was the offer.

fishEH

Explorer
It will be interesting to see if this is the beginning of a trend, like how the RRC price has skyrocketed, or just an anomaly.
Maybe its time to start polishing up my '96.
First $5000 gets it! :D

rugbier

Adventurer
You will need to change your name to Scott Brady :) whomever bought the D1 did not just buy a rover, bought the history of it as well

97GreenMeanie

Oh man. Awesome!!
Good luck with the sale.
I hope your truck sells for that price.
My D1 is a 5 speed and the rare Teal green color with limited edition rust.. I mean patina.
It's a steal at $15k!

rjl

Ryan
Good Discovery I's are a rarer commodity in the United States than good Defenders. So many people have ****ed them up either through neglect or bad taste.

Exploder
Good Discovery I's are a rarer commodity in the United States than good Defenders. So many people have ****ed them up either through neglect or bad taste.

This. They're not like Defenders in that you won't find one sitting at someone's country house in the garage with 30k miles on the odometer and minimal wear and tear.

I know of another D1 that sold for $12k in the last three years. Yet another sold for five figures.

Scott Brady

Founder
Range Rover Classics are selling in the $40,000 region for really clean, low mileage examples. The reality is that new SUVs suck, lack capability, capacity, and character. Prices for clean Discoveries, RRCs, Defenders, etc. will just continue to climb.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior