Overland Journal: G-Wagen

datrupr

Expedition Leader
Now how cool would this be?

33_1823315502_left%20ft%20ext%20222pix.jpg

currently for sale at Europa.

Just caught up with this thread. Nice choice Scott. I have always had an interest in these, even though I cringe when I see them drive by here in the states all shined up on the way to pick up the kids.

Last edited:

Nonimouse

Cynical old bastard
Scott

I have a couple of friends over here who break G wagons - one who lives in my village. If you have a need for any 'difficult to get bits' that can fit in hand luggage, let me know via PM. My eldest's Godfather is on the eastern seaboard every month and can UPS from his worksites. Same goes for Land Rover stuff.

I have a strong idea of just how much you guys end up paying for MB and LR stuff and despite the pound taking a dive against the dollar it can still cost and arm and a leg.

4x4abc

Adventurer
.... I cringe when I see them drive by here in the states all shined up on the way to pick up the kids.

Phil,

you should applaud every 4x4 cruising the mall or helping to pick up the kids - the less people with 4x4 leave pavement, the less we have to worry about protection of nature. Besides, I love when its quiet out there.

Saludos

SOAZ

Tim and Kelsey get lost..
So, how do you pronounce GELANDEWAGEN? :)

I always thought that it was G, G, G, G, G, G, G, G, GELANDEWAGEN!!! :victory:

Love these trucks. There is a nice little fleet of them sitting on the camp Pendelton base in San Clemente. They are a pretty cool variant. A G wagen full length chassis with a cab and bed. The bed has a cloth soft topper on it.
Basically a troop carrier G-wagen for the RAF being stored on US soil.

Doin_It

Adventurer
I like the pic of the Canadian army truck....they're out blowing up the country side, but are worried about any oil drips that may happen. That's us Canadians for you, always so polite, we'll bomb the heck out of you, but we won't leave any oil mess for you to clean up after.

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
I like the pic of the Canadian army truck....they're out blowing up the country side, but are worried about any oil drips that may happen. That's us Canadians for you, always so polite, we'll bomb the heck out of you, but we won't leave any oil mess for you to clean up after.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA... Take off eh. we DID NOT spill that oil.. see here look at this picture.

Cheers

Dave

t0mills

Adventurer
Think that catch pan may actually be there so that you can see if you're rig has been leaking anything?

Being parked on gravel, would make it pretty hard to tell if you've got a slow leak of any sort...

Just wondering!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan