Overland Navigator: New product launch

craig

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Craig - I saw this covered on your forum.

Just as an FYI, I tried unsuccessfully to use the spanner software on my Vista 32 laptop and a Garmin 60CSx. Because of that, I now believe the only options are to use Franson GPSGate or the Garmin PC Interface cable.

Craig

craig

Has anyone tried the RAM Mount Monopod with a Tough Tray 2? Not sure how stable a monopod would be with a 3# netbook?

Not that I'm aware of. I use a monopod with my very lightweight Tuftab and while secure it moves a little when going down a particularly rocky/bumpy/washboarded trail. I think you'd probably be better off with a floor mount, but I'd contact RAM directly.

RAM has excellent customer service. If you send them an email explaining what you want to do, they'll respond back with a list of part numbers and links to PDF files that explain each part. You can then order the parts from one of their resellers.

Craig

cactusjk

Explorer
RAM swears by it. Rated at 4 lbs. I'll give it a try.

Not that I'm aware of. I use a monopod with my very lightweight Tuftab and while secure it moves a little when going down a particularly rocky/bumpy/washboarded trail. I think you'd probably be better off with a floor mount, but I'd contact RAM directly.

RAM has excellent customer service. If you send them an email explaining what you want to do, they'll respond back with a list of part numbers and links to PDF files that explain each part. You can then order the parts from one of their resellers.

Craig

craig

I think the key is finding a very rigid surface to mount it on. My dash is what is flexing, not the RAM mount itself. I bet it will work great.

Craig

daverami

Explorer
Garmin recommended that i use their spanner software to convert to NMEA. They said I could then use the supplied USB cable to connect to the computer. Has anyone else done this?

I use spanner with my USB capable Garmin GPSMap 76Csx. It works great. I've used it with Overland Navigator, nRoute, and will be trying it out on OziExplorer here shortly.

craig

I use spanner with my USB capable Garmin GPSMap 76Csx. It works great. I've used it with Overland Navigator, nRoute, and will be trying it out on OziExplorer here shortly.

Interesting. The 76CSx and the 60CSx are essentially the same. I'll have to give it another go. Ditching the PC interface cable is what a lot of our customers are looking for.

cactusjk

Explorer
I now have the tough tray 2. What arms did you use? The flex arm long or short? Thanks!

From what I read about the 1000HE, I didn't even bother with the 1Gig of RAM. I ordered 2 gigs when I bought it and put it in.

This is what I used for the mount:
http://www.ram-mount.com/CatalogResults/PartDetails/tabid/63/partid/082065077045086066045049051056045083087049/Default.aspx
All the separate parts are broken down.

I didn't need to use the double swing arm. I took it apart and just used a single.

I found the kit on Ebay for 100 bucks.

I used the Tough Tray II for my 1000HE.
http://www.ram-mount.com/CatalogResults/PartDetails/tabid/63/partid/082065077045050051052045054/Default.aspx
The regular Tough Tray that came with it is too big.

daverami

Explorer
I now have the tough tray 2. What arms did you use? The flex arm long or short? Thanks!

This is what I used: http://www.ram-mount.com/CatalogResults/PartDetails/tabid/63/partid/082065077045086066045049051056045083087049/Default.aspx

Works well, except there is some road vibration, so I made a 1/2" bracket from 18 GA sheet metal and attached it to the top of the female pole to under the dash. It's all out of the way of the passenger with plenty of room still in the Tacoma.

cactusjk

Explorer
Any recommendations on what satellite imagery disks to load for the western US? I live in AZ and don't necessarily need them all.

craig

For the satellite imagery to work you'll need to run the installer.

Regards,
Craig

craig

Yes. The installer is on Sat disk 1. It will autoplay when you insert the disk.

Basic installation instructions are on the insert that is included in the Overland Navigator software tin.

Complete, step by step, instructions with color screenshots of each step are available in the User Guide PDF that is installed along with the Overland Navigator software.

If you have any questions, please send an email to support@spatialminds.com. I'm happy to help, but don't always check the forums.

Regards,
Craig

cactusjk

Explorer
Loaded perfectly just like all of your software! Great products and support!

Yes. The installer is on Sat disk 1. It will autoplay when you insert the disk.

Basic installation instructions are on the insert that is included in the Overland Navigator software tin.

Complete, step by step, instructions with color screenshots of each step are available in the User Guide PDF that is installed along with the Overland Navigator software.

If you have any questions, please send an email to support@spatialminds.com. I'm happy to help, but don't always check the forums.

Regards,
Craig

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior