Overland Navigator

JFarris

Wanderer
What's the expected release date for the iPad app? I was looking into a tough book with your software, but being able to utilize my iPad would be better option for me.

ColoDisco

Explorer
I have the laptop version for Colorado, just bought a RAM xmount for my iPad as the laptop was being too abused on the trail. Any chance I can get the Colorado iPad download when it comes out?

craig

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
I have the laptop version for Colorado, just bought a RAM xmount for my iPad as the laptop was being too abused on the trail. Any chance I can get the Colorado iPad download when it comes out?

I'm not exactly sure of the details yet, but existing customers will be taken care of.

FishPOET

Adventurer
I'm not exactly sure of the details yet, but existing customers will be taken care of.

I also have the laptop version of Colorado. I will be heading to Colorado the first week of August and It would be nice to use the new version if its available.

Bubblegoose1

@PNWINFERNOPRO
Craig, thank you for getting all of the Windows mapping available. I will be working on getting everything setup this weekend.

Fred

FishPOET

Adventurer
302487_3972576484626_899343065_n.jpg

Looking forward to Overland Navigator for the iPad.

In the short term I'll be using MotionX. I was never happy with the screen on the netbook and screen on the iPad is wonderful. I can ditch my inverter setup and plug the iPad into the 12v outlet.

Same here, I have the Overland software stored away in a drawer. Did get it running on my MacBook using Bootcamp. Worked great but I never got the laptop mounted in the rig. Instead I went with iPad, MotionX and Bad Elf GPS. I would love Overland on the iPad.

craig

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Just wanted you guys to know that I'm listening, and working hard on it. The maps are, as always, taking a long time to process. I don't just use the USGS quads as-is. They are all re-projected and seamlessly mosaic'd, individually checked that they edgematch, and compressed so they take up much less room than the other topo mapping packages out there. It takes a bit of time, but in the end it's worth it. The new software will use a different map-pack file format that is faster, cross platform compatible, and ultimately create-able by you guys.

Craig

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior