Overland TJ's (Ideas, Pic's, etc for 97-06 Jeep TJ's)

AgentOrange76

Adventurer
I've seen tons of tailgate table options for JKs but hardly any options for TJs. I was gonna build my own as a fun little project to cook off of while camping and maybe tailgating, but there's not really much in the way to work with factory supplied holes. Always reluctant to drill holes in a perfectly good Jeep, has anyone done this before or would it be better to just get something like a rollup table from REI or equivalent? I like the factory drop down tailgate conversions but my spare is mounted to the tailgate and a bumper mounted spare isn't in the budget.

FosterWV

Baller On A Budget
I moved my spare inside and went w a CJ fold down tailgate, not sure if that's a option for you?

AgentOrange76

Adventurer
You can easily mount the Offroad Trail Tools JK table to the TJ.

I'm guessing that would involve drilling holes? I'd rather save the money and make one if so, or at least see how it mounts so I can try and replicate it.

I moved my spare inside and went w a CJ fold down tailgate, not sure if that's a option for you?

Probably not. I'm in college, so my Jeep has to pretend to be a moving truck and get all my dorm/apartment stuff back and forth. My current bike carrier also mounts to the spare. I might play around with that idea though. The CJ conversion would be sweet because it would give me a seat, but mostly I'm just sick of sitting in the mud while I cook.

Lucky j

Explorer
A piano hinge, 2 or 3 screws or even folded aluminium strips in the back door slots with side ropes for heigt and you are pretty good to go.

I am with you a the spare, they need to be outsied.

MOguy

Explorer
I've seen tons of tailgate table options for JKs but hardly any options for TJs. I was gonna build my own as a fun little project to cook off of while camping and maybe tailgating, but there's not really much in the way to work with factory supplied holes. Always reluctant to drill holes in a perfectly good Jeep, has anyone done this before or would it be better to just get something like a rollup table from REI or equivalent? I like the factory drop down tailgate conversions but my spare is mounted to the tailgate and a bumper mounted spare isn't in the budget.

I have a table that is designed to hang off a BBQ. It hangs on my tailgate or anything similar. I am not opposed to drilling holes in my taligte but I am packed pretty tight and I don't have the extra room up against my tailgate for a folding table.

AgentOrange76

Adventurer
I have a table that is designed to hang off a BBQ. It hangs on my tailgate or anything similar. I am not opposed to drilling holes in my taligte but I am packed pretty tight and I don't have the extra room up against my tailgate for a folding table.

This is interesting, I like it. Thanks for sharing!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears

Members online