OVRLND CAMPERS ONLY : Post your OVRLND Camper build here or a link to your build thread to inspire others!

Fergie

Expedition Leader
Weather is looking decent. Macy's is great for coffee and pastries. MartAnnes or Northern Pines for meals. DSB and Lumberyard for brews; DSB has great pizza, so does NiMarcos.

Have fun!

dirtnsmores

Weather is looking decent. Macy's is great for coffee and pastries. MartAnnes or Northern Pines for meals. DSB and Lumberyard for brews; DSB has great pizza, so does NiMarcos.

Have fun!

Thanks for those recommendations! We will have a few hours to kill in Flagstaff before heading down to Sedona.

tgoff

Agreed on the cutting board use.

I used one from Wal-Mart for my electrical panel mount...works perfect.

I’m doing the same for my electrical panel. I got a 1” thick 18”x12” board to space everything out to have room for the wires. Insulated one bay with 1/2” foam also for room for wires. Hope to get all the electrical completed this weekend.

Attachments

• IMG_7014.jpeg
    IMG_7014.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 40

Phessor

For those who have installed an awning, do you have any fixes for the gap between the awning and the side of the camper?

Fergie

Expedition Leader
As in for water ingress? I used the adhesive RV rain channel stuff to divert the water and it seems to work OK.

Phessor

As in for water ingress? I used the adhesive RV rain channel stuff to divert the water and it seems to work OK.
I used the mounts OVRLND sold me to mount my OVS Nomadic 270 awing. I added the rubber tailgate seal at the hinge points to keep water out of the camper while the doors are open.
I am just concerned about the large gap between the awning and the side of shell.

dstefan

DK about @AZflyer, but I made this gutter out of some coated ripstop nylon fabric I’ve had laying around and some Keder strip. I had it out today to further water proof it as it was slightly leaky when we had a LOT of rain recently while up in MN and MI.
View attachment 748803
Luckily, the 23Zero has an empty awning C channel groove at the bottom of the mounting plate. We just added a C channel strip to the camper above the doors and slide this into both channels. Works really well for the most part.

Got the C channel and the Keder strip at https://www.sailrite.com/ . We’re lucky to have a local shoe repair shop that will do heavy duty sewing for us on things like this. Just had the Keder sewn on the fabric and seam sealed it. The fabric is 8” wide at one end and 4” on the other to give it a slope. Its also about 8“ longer than the camper is wide to let it pour off away from the tailgate a bit.

One of the few downsides to Jays design when it rains overnight is that due to the curve of the roof, when we open the doors and drop the TG in the morning, the weight shift causes a small dump of rainwater thats been sitting on the rear of the roof. The gutter is super helpful with that.

tgoff

Got the solar panel fixed on the roof today. Renogy 175W panel which I fabricated some 1.5” x 2” x 2” angle brackets for. I wanted to get two bolts into the track for redundancy plus I used Loctite and lock washers. I didn’t feel confident trusting just one of the track nuts per corner. The panel is through bolted with nylock nuts. Turned out decent and is very solid.

Attachments

• IMG_7030.jpeg
    IMG_7030.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 46
  • IMG_7033.jpeg
    IMG_7033.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 45
Last edited:

Toyotataquito

Hey all,
Onto the maxxair portion of the Ovrlnd build. Due to lack of experience and the want to have a portable battery, I went with the Anker C1000 battery. Connected the wiring provided by Ovrlnd to and inline fuse and into a 12v plug and…nothing. Can’t get the fan on. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• IMG_5818.jpeg
    IMG_5818.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_5817.jpeg
    IMG_5817.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 33

Dave in AZ

Hey all,
Onto the maxxair portion of the Ovrlnd build. Due to lack of experience and the want to have a portable battery, I went with the Anker C1000 battery. Connected the wiring provided by Ovrlnd to and inline fuse and into a 12v plug and…nothing. Can’t get the fan on. Any suggestions?
Did you test the voltage going to the fan, and confirm you are getting power?

What inline fuse, and why? Fuse is there to protect the wire, did you size the fuse to the wire?

Anker c1000 already has fused outputs, with amp limits on the supply.

I mean, it's pretty simple... test to see if you have power, 12v. Test to see if fan works, using a known good tested good 12v power supply. One of those two is broke.

simple

Adventurer
Hey all,
On my goal zero, I have to push a button to turn on the power to the 12v outlet. Maybe the Anker has a similar feature.

Also that style of power output is usually lower amperage. Might be worth comparing the specs of the load vs output. Anker says 120W outlet so at 12volts, it should be around 10A which should power the fan.

Last edited:

Toyotataquito

Did you test the voltage going to the fan, and confirm you are getting power?

What inline fuse, and why? Fuse is there to protect the wire, did you size the fuse to the wire?

Anker c1000 already has fused outputs, with amp limits on the supply.

I mean, it's pretty simple... test to see if you have power, 12v. Test to see if fan works, using a known good tested good 12v power supply. One of those two is broke.
I’ll test out some other 12v items tomorrow to make sure the battery is working properly. The inline fuse was suggested by Ovrlnd but I’ll try it without tomorrow.

I thought it was simple but clearly I’m missing something here.

Toyotataquito

On my goal zero, I have to push a button to turn on the power to the 12v outlet. Maybe the Anker has a similar feature.

Also that style of power output is usually lower amperage. Might be worth comparing the specs of the load vs output. Anker says 120W outlet so at 12volts, it should be around 10A which should power the fan.
It does have that switch, turned on and still getting no power to fan. And like you said, has enough power for the fan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online