Ozark Overland Rally (The beginning) March 28th-30th

jlandon

Get Dirty.
More questions:

Can I just show up and get the checkpoints but not compete?

No, taking the checkpoints is still considered participating. I cannot prevent you from showing up at Byrd's adventure center and exploring the National Forest, but if I have more than 60 people participate in this event I am likely to be fined a large sum of money.

Is a snorkel mandatory?

No, the main set of check points will be accessible by multiple routes. If the water level is high and crossings unsafe, we will remove that checkpoint. I recommend you be cautious. I have seen these crossings become unpredictable in minutes. If the majority of the group cannot make a specific checkpoint and it is well voiced, I will remove that checkpoint from the Rally.

kcexplorer

I want to join if there is a team needing an extra vehicle let me know. I have a 2000 cherokee equipeed with bead locks,winch, and will have my locker in my by then too and have traveled a lot of Arkansas.

Kole

Adventurer
I want to join if there is a team needing an extra vehicle let me know. I have a 2000 cherokee equipeed with bead locks,winch, and will have my locker in my by then too and have traveled a lot of Arkansas.

Hey kcexplorer, I saw you posted here and on Overland Guild , If you have Facebook you can make the comment there as well as we have quite a lot of people following the event there.

Best of luck!

https://www.facebook.com/OzarkOverlandRally

brushogger

Explorer
Team Backwood Boys and Babes is now officially registered! XJINTX, along with myself and our better halves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

fireball

Explorer
Looks like an awesome event! I'll actually be out that way at the end of April for a cycling race. It's a long drive from PA, so I don't think two trips are in the cards.

Hopefully someone will take and post some tracks of your route. Would be nice to do some exploring and camping on my way back home.

jlandon

Get Dirty.
Looks like an awesome event! I'll actually be out that way at the end of April for a cycling race. It's a long drive from PA, so I don't think two trips are in the cards.

Hopefully someone will take and post some tracks of your route. Would be nice to do some exploring and camping on my way back home.

Sorry we will miss you! I'm going to request the the tracks stay off the net. A local jeep club has destroyed the routes I used to post so I am in the habit of keeping it quiet.

ripper1600

Adventure Seeker
Looks like it should be a pretty awesome event. I love driving through the Ozarks. They definitely have some of the best views in the US.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12