Pajero Mk1 Tourer build-up

Cruisn

Adventurer
Well.. I finally got my baby running. woohoo!!! and a new list of updates to.

I got a new head installed. its running, and running well. very happy so far. I will point out this is a cheap style head I am testing. if it fails it fails. if not I will do a reliability report.

WP_000348.jpg

I have a new set of led lights to install. 10 watt in size for the corners of my roof rack. saves me having to set up the awning for led strip lighting and will illuminate a larger area.

WP_000351.jpg

WP_000353.jpg

WP_000354.jpg

And on the mod list I am swapping my rear diff for a gen II with 4.875 gear with factory air locker. and disc brakes. which means no more drums. win win I hate drums anyways.

Thanks to a source from the states I have a set of gear to match for my front diff on the way too.
I will ahve to get a front lokka jsut to even it all out.
I will also be swapping to second gen brake calipers on the front. safety first.

She lives again!!!

WP_000355.jpg

geocrasher

Observer
Very nicely done, I'm almost jealous! But I love my truck too much to be jealous of yours! lol

Gotta ask though, what is the reason for the barrier behind the front seats? You mentioned safety- are you using it as a prison transport vehicle on off hours? :p

Cruisn

Adventurer
Its for the missus. Haha. Nah. To kelp everything in the back should there be an accident or on a steep decline

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

To kelp everything in the back should there be an accident or on a steep decline

Yeah, for a country that reports some of the highest numbers in vehicular accidents, few put much thought into these barriers. In fact, there's really only two or three companies that even offer anything rugged enough for our uses... the rest only have flemsy metal or plastic barriers to keep dogs in the back. I'll be doing a very similar setup behind the rear seats, soon.

Tim.plante

Observer
Yeah, for a country that reports some of the highest numbers in vehicular accidents, few put much thought into these barriers. In fact, there's really only two or three companies that even offer anything rugged enough for our uses... the rest only have flemsy metal or plastic barriers to keep dogs in the back. I'll be doing a very similar setup behind the rear seats, soon.

for mine i just used a cargo net i found at a pawn shop and then carabiners clip it in place when i need it..other wise i have it in a amo box in my storage area

Cruisn

Adventurer
thsi wagon is gettign moved to the strictly touring section of my driveway. once I have a bit saved up I will pick up a daily driver. so the steel one made sense. tough as. small mesh size. and since I have a flat floor from the back door to the front seats an item could pick up a lot of speed.

Cruisn

Adventurer
Well, I got a call to be featured in a 4wd action magazine here in OZ, I am in issue 187 for the video portion which comes out before the write up, so I can post the video today, but you will have to wait till Oct 2nd for issue 188 for the feature writeup.

enjoy the videom, and have a laugh at my expense. haha. I had to say pajero so much for the director... for realz!!!! haha

4WD Action - Matt's Pajero - YouTube

Jrally

Adventurer
Pajero was mentioned a few times! Great video exposure for such a great rig. I just noticed that magazine at a local book store here in Arizona yesterday, I'll have to keep an eye out for issue 188.
-Jon

Cruisn

Adventurer
Well the mag is out. got a 5 page spread. good write up, here is a terrible camera phone photo, once I am back in perth I will get better photos up so you can read the write up.

001-35.jpg

and a shot from my camping trip along the holland track, I will psot a write up on it later.

399702_10151445743542818_1138592237_n.jpg

Cruisn

Adventurer
Well, I guess a small update is needed, the rig is running, but overheating. constant issues with it on the highway, basically at wits end. haha, but I am going to hgave anotehr crack at it once I am back home from work. i hope she lives. otherwise the missus says its time to buy a landcrusier. haha, which would be fine but I am now attached to this wagon. due to time and effort and trips done

but there is a 3 week trip planned for it over chirstmas up to exmouth and through the outback. should be epic. its a mans trip. this missus is gone to canada so me and my little bro are going to wreak havic. haha.

a few photos as she currently sits:
pajerosmall.jpg

pajero2small.jpg

A few along the holland track: see she gets used:

IMGP0020.jpg

IMGP0072.jpg

And a size comparison:
IMGP0121.jpg

Cruisn

Adventurer
It seems my overheating issue may be completely related to my waterpump. so I have discovered that there are 2 water pumps for the 4d56t one for intercooled, one for jsut turbo, and I have the jsut turbo one. I have ordered a intercooled version pump will be here in about 5 hours i hope. really hoping this is the cure all to my over heating issue.

bitoy

Observer
slight off topic question sir, given the many different places your rig has been to, its safe to assume that your source of diesel is diverse as well, doesnt the sedimentary light on the dash light up every so often, and if so, how do you address this?

Thanks and safe expedition always.

Cruisn

Adventurer
Never has... oh wait.. its not hooked up. seriously I am not to worried about it, I have plans to actually mount a aftermarket water seperator before the filter. but since shes an oldschool engine there is a bit of wiggle room for poor fuel. but when I change my pump which is about every 5-6oookms it has always look decent. and there is a factory water seperator at the bottom.

the constant changes are basically because of the use it sees, about 4-5 trips, sometimes less then I change it for those reasons.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior