Pajero Mk1 Tourer build-up

Cruisn

Adventurer
painted:
11032012550.jpg

11032012549.jpg

Cruisn

Adventurer
Almost finished, jsut need led tail lights and to remount the plate.

12032012551.jpg

12032012552.jpg

12032012553.jpg

I need to drill some stopper holes so they stay open on funny angles.

12032012554.jpg

Cruisn

Adventurer
A little closer to finishing my rear bar, led lights installed. nothing to fancy, simple setup, they are very high quality lights though.

lights.jpg

lights2.jpg

And of course on board air is nice, but having a 9L tank to help out is even nicer. welded this up for me and a mate.

airtank3-1.jpg

airtank2-1.jpg

airtank-1.jpg

scrubber3

Not really here
Top notch job. I may use your idea for my rear bumper, only mine will have one spare as I don't have the need for 2.

Cruisn

Adventurer
Top notch job. I may use your idea for my rear bumper, only mine will have one spare as I don't have the need for 2.

ya, my plans require 2 spares. I like to head out into the bush. remote is key. I failed to have the wagon ready last year for the anne beadelle highway, but this year i will be good to go. september I figure. spend my birthday in the desert

Cruisn

Adventurer
More work completed tonight, finished welding up 1 of the drawers.

THey are 900 long by 400 wide and 300 deep. lots of room. and very strong but not to heavy overall.

drawer.jpg

drawer4.jpg

drawer3.jpg

drawer2.jpg

Cruisn

Adventurer
spacecase.jpg

Spacecases thanks to Matatak for hooking me up.

780x380x380
Will be used for me and the womans clothes and stuff.
adds 10 poser points. not sure on what that converts to for hp gains though..

Cruisn

Adventurer
I am getting a little more done this weekend.

I have installed my aux tank so far, whihc bolts to the body. using 4 m12 bolts and large backing bars as to not rip through the thin sheet metal.

its a tight fit. very tight.

tank2.jpg

tank.jpg

clearance.jpg

New gas cap:
gascap.jpg

For those that are intersted its a long range automotive tank, 58L capacity. come with everything you need for the install. including electric pump to transfer fuel to main tank. its a little pricey but to get the weight off the roof and underneath in a proper tank it was worth it.

Cruisn

Adventurer
well, both tanks are in, I can now carry 190L in tanks.
132L main
58L aux

win win. install was not straight forward. bolts didnt line up. pipes didnt clear.. it was not the best thing to do on a sunday. when you need the rig monday. lol

Main tank in:
maintank.jpg

Had to cut for clearance:
messup.jpg

Issues with filler neck, had to weld on a pipe at 90 degrees to the tank.

edit-2.jpg

The filler setup, I still have to edit the cover so its all hidden and the road spray doesnt destroy the hoses.

filler.jpg

Cruisn

Adventurer
Drawer are in and finished... finally. my god that was a drawn out process.. in between finishing them I had time to do an engine swap!!! haha

I am happy with them. could be a little smoother around the edges.

enjoy:
drawer7.jpg

drawer6.jpg

drawer5.jpg

tested them out, haha. no sag, worked great!!!
jackie-1.jpg

Cruisn

Adventurer
New parts day!!! yay!!!

I recieved a Redac 1220 dc charger to keep my deep cycle battery running at top performance.
1220.jpg

6m of wire to go along:
wire.jpg

And because for once I would like to know what is in the tank I bought a new fuel sending unit and gauge.

gauge-1.jpg

sendingunit.jpg

SOFpirate

Adventurer
Holy cow, you store her in that drawer?!?

With the extra tank and all that extra fuel weight, how bad have you noticed as far as handling and "trailability" goes?

Cruisn

Adventurer
Holy cow, you store her in that drawer?!?

With the extra tank and all that extra fuel weight, how bad have you noticed as far as handling and "trailability" goes?

yuo bet, its all good. I open the door and ask if she is in a good mood, if not, dont open the drawer. its win win.

as for all the extra weight, its fine until I am at full load for camping. then she shows in the back and the front feels a little different, I am going to look into airbags to level it when its loaded. as when touring after 500km I will lose enough weight to even out a bit better. it doesnt handle it power wise okay. its not fast, but will jsut chug all day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan